205 GTI Series 2
  • Help
    Tadpole

205 GTI Series 2

My daughter's precious graphite (of seven years) 1990 205 GTI is for sale to make way for a 206.

The engine was reconditioned less than 12 months ago, along with the gearbox, all refreshed due to oil consumption and a noise in the box. All up we've spent about $5000 on keeping the car in top shape in the past year.

Now it's A1 along with the rest of the car, and the 190,000kms is about average mileage for the year, and it has lived up to Peugeot's reputation for doing a good job in the time we've had it. The regular maintenance we've conducted should ensure that there's nothing to spend in the near future.

Never thrashed, but driven for pleasure... and plenty of it!

This is an excellent example of the model and marque and I don't want to sell it at all... a half hour's drive it takes ten years off my life!

But space is at a premium, the new car is coming, something has to give!

Advertisement

Full service history over the seven years of ownership comes with the car and we invite any test. Everything is standard except the 10-stacker CD player by Axis. New Pirellis on the front, half worn Michelins on the rear, registered till May 30, 2002.

Everything works fine, A/cond, electric windows, driving lights etc. Please note, however, that this model never had power steering.
    Car comes complete with an aussiefrogs sticker, even though I first heard of this forum just ten minutes ago!

We know we won't be getting what it's worth and we'll settle for offers around $9,000 and know that seller and buyer will be happy.
    peter

Pete is this 205 still for sale or has it been sold? If it is still for sale please email me: chriscooke@optushome.com.au

Thread Information