Peugeot Mi16x4
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Peugeot Mi16x4

Tadpole

Peugeot Mi16x4

1990 4 wheel drive private import for sale. Full NSW rego, non cat version, 160 hp French car converted to RHD in Australia. Has been my daily driver for 7 years - great all rounder with incredible roadholding in good condition. Offers around $16000.

Advertisement

Hey guys, this is a great car. Having driven this car at 200km/h+ for extended periods, and having had my internals rearranged from excessive g forces, I can assure interested buyers this is a classic motor vehicle. It walks away from my 160hp Mi-16 after 6000rpm, thanks to bigger factory cams, redlining at 7300. Ride is superb thanks to Citroen rear end. Traction and grip is awesome. Neutral to the limit. Highly recommended.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

And I thought I'd get a drive of it one day... Got to underline the impression given by Peter T, this does have cornering forces sufficient to move your internals. It flies!

Shame you have to flog it, Owen...

jr
    owen, how about describing the rest of the car to us...klms?? condition, color, extras etc

------------------

Tadpole
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jr:
    owen, how about describing the rest of the car to us...klms?? condition, color, extras etc

Jr - answers!

Car has travelled an unknown distance as I purchased it after it had been converted to RHD and cannot verify current odometer reading of 65000km. Speedo cable is now broken. My belief is the car has travelled about 120000km!

Mechanical condition is excellent-uses 1 litre of Mobile 1 per 10000km between oil and filter changes. Fitted with European 4wd power chip to improve low down torque succesfully. Exhaust resonator and rear muffler recently replaced by HiTech for slight performance improvement. Belts, hoses and water pump are fresh and clutch is 1 year old.

Rear seat velour upholstery has faded but can supply near new replacement covers for all seats in the same grey with red checks.

Paint colour is metalic blue/grey with a few minor problems-faded rear wing, scratched near side doors below protection mould and peeling paint on front spoiler. Quality repairs quoted at $1300 to rectify.

Original Bendex ABS brakes have been removed and replaced with Aussie vacuum boosted non ABS system as original was unreliable. Discs-1 year old.(Aussie early versions were recalled and replaced with Bosch ABS for similar reasons)

Rear suspension is brilliant (sphere regularily checked) but front dampers have begun to loose effectiveness on small bumps. Tyres - 195x55x15 Michelin Pilots.

4w drive components original and healthy, ie-rear Torsen differential and front viscous coupling which is consantly engaged at 53/47 front to rear split operate perfectly and transfer box is always serviced with correct lubricants necessary for typical p[eugeot long life.

This car can embarras drivers of many so called performance vehicles on interesting roads but is ordinary below 4000rpm!(120kph in fifth)

This cars new value equated to about $60000 when compared with Aussie version in 1990.

Extras- sony single CD player.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    owen
    just wondering if you were the person who recently acquired a v6 504
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

I was talking to Owen a couple of weeks ago at Eastern Creek and he told me that he'd bought a V6 504. I've been wondering lately if it is the one Sean White built.

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Tadpole
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pugrambo:
    owen
    just wondering if you were the person who recently acquired a v6 504
    Pugrambo
    Correct!-It was Sean White's car. My intention was to use the motor and BA10/5 gearbox in my 604 but I found it had a LHD bellhousing and would not fit with power steering. Will use a 505 GTi motor and BA7/5 instead controlled by Haltec for improved fuel economy. 504 car has gone to Peugeot heaven!
    Cheers
    Owen

Owen,

When Sean's dad, Ron, was showing me that 504 V6 in early 1997, the body looked fairly straight and rust free, but the paint was really badly deteriorated. Had it rusted badly by the time you bought it?

Regards,
    Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Owen,

What car are you planning to put the V6 in, now that you're putting a 2.2 in the 604?

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C

Tadpole
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by davemcbean:
    Owen,

What car are you planning to put the V6 in, now that you're putting a 2.2 in the 604?

Dave
    Dave
    V6 and box sold to a friend who is going to fit it to his 505.
    504 was stripped and sections of the body used to save another partly rusted 504.
    Alloy wheels are on my 604.
    Regards
    Owen

yes dave that was my car that my father had shown you. it is a bit of a shame that it had sat around for so long without anyone ever picking it up.so many people had looked at it over the years both when i was driving it and when it was sitting around but they only ever seemed interested in just seeing a 504 with a v6 in it more so than actually having one.when i was driving that car on a day to day basis it started to get well known that it was very hard to catch on the road.it was the typical wolf in sheeps clothing
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Sean,

When I saw that car at your father's place in Moss Vale in April 1997, I was buying some of the bits and pieces you and your father had lying around. One of the things I picked up was a 55 amp alternator (from a Falcon?). Your father told me to pay him for the alternator after I'd checked whether or not it worked in my car. I eventually got around to fitting it to my 504 (using a 504 alternator front cover and longer bolts) and it works well. So now that it works I owe you some money. How much do I owe you and what's the best way to pay you?

By the way, what car are you driving now?
    I think you're father said in 1997 that you had an Mi16, and then a couple of years later I think Rob Oakman told me you were driving a 306GTi6 or an S16 or something. The last time I met you was at the 1996 easter pagent when you still had that white 604 (was that the LOL number plate car? -if so I've seen it for sale a few times in the club mag).

Regards,
    Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C

we'll work that out next time we meet up somewhere.
    i now drive a GTi6 (or pilot as my mother sometimes refers to it). as you may have worked out Rob Oakman is my uncle. i must say the gti is a delight to drive. the 604 i had back in 1996 was nick ilics car that one is still running around the bowral area. the LOL 604 was my mothers car which she had from new and when she sold it 11 yrs later it had 18000km's on it.she now pilots a black 206 GTi around the streets and loves it.at the moment i am still living in dubbo but will prob be moving to parkes in the very near future.i attended the last pageant here in town and was a very good weekend and got to catch up with quite a few people that i had not seen for a few years
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Sean,

OK thanks, I'm sure to see you sometime at one of the Pug gatherings. Have you got any other 504 stuff left which you want to get rid of?

What mods have you done to the GTi6?

Regards,
    Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C

Wonder how poor Norman will get on with all that V6 stuff... he's got my old one as well.

dave
    i haven't got any 504 stuff left anymore. between my father and myself we seem to have gotten rid of it all over a period of time.once i get a bit more time on my hands one of these days i do have a little project in mind that i will start sourcing bits and pieces for.
    the GTi6 is standard except for the sound system and i have tinted the windows.it even still has two original tyres still on going on it <g>.
    i am hoping to start doing something to it as well one of these days.my mothers car has more done to it than mine
    she has already lowered it and put a new wing on the back of it.next she is thinking getting an exhaust on it (which is the next thing i would like to do to mine)
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

geez, hasnt this thread gone way off topic
    i better continue the tradition.
    Owen who did your RHD conversion?
    what sort of $$$ are we talking?
    did you need to supply much, such as the dash?

Andreas

Tadpole
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Andreas:
    geez, hasnt this thread gone way off topic
    i better continue the tradition.
    Owen who did your RHD conversion?
    what sort of $$$ are we talking?
    did you need to supply much, such as the dash?

Andreas
    Andreas
    I agree about the thread drift- all I want is to find an appreciative home for an intersting pug and to bring my bank balance into the black-too many projects at present!
    The RHD conversion was done in Sydney by an unknown repairer and given NSW compliance. Original owner imported new RHD parts with the car and paid for the cost of conversion. He returned overseas for further work training and was injured badly in a car accident there. He sold the car to me through a friend of his here in Sydney.
    Cheers
    Owen

Fellow Frogger!
    Owen,

I have put some details of your car on another site I visit (folks wanted to know what AWD N/A sedans are out there) and had one chap e-mail me and ask for the details on the car.

Im plugging it for you where I can, as I think the lucky owner will have a rare weapon on their hands , pity it aint me, wanna swap for a 205 GTi ?

Chip

Owen... I told Louis Eckerslie about the car. He runs Alpine Motors (repair shop) in Canberra and was quite interested to know it was about and also for sale.

He might have a customer who will show interest, you never know....

Tadpole
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ray Bell:
    Owen... I told Louis Eckerslie about the car. He runs Alpine Motors (repair shop) in Canberra and was quite interested to know it was about and also for sale.

He might have a customer who will show interest, you never know....
    Thanks Ray and Chip! I have not advertised the car anywhere else as I am more interested in finding an appreciative owner than when I sell it.
    Cheers
    Owen

I can't believe no ones bought this car, it sounds like a dream come true and its STILL for sale.

David.

David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

it's been a month since the last post, sold the car yet?
    getting the topic back up if not

Andreas

Yeah, I was wondering about it too!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information