sad day - my 20516v for sale
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

sad day - my 20516v for sale

my accountant has blasted me for keeping a car 4 more than 3 years[i've had 4 years of bliss with this car] so sadly its up for sale! it has the uk spec mi16 motor,300mm brembo cross drilled rotors,16x7 wheels with peugeot centre caps. new eibach and koni suspension,sparco strut, sunroof, stacker cd, central locking/immobiliser etc etc. car has been lightened and is SUPER quick, it is SUPER reliable and SUPER economical [38mpg town,44-48 country @ 110k's] VERY regrettable sale! no time wasters please. $13850 o.n.o.

Advertisement
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Time wasters?....here?....I think not

I know the ad's all about the engine'n'stuff.....but which year is the car?
    ________
    Ocean View Condo Pattaya
    Last edited by DTwo; 22nd August 2011 at 05:31 AM.

1000+ Posts
    sorry!! i knew i'd leave something out..its an 88. there is/was 4 pics on this site under jr
    jr20516v

Now:

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

So what's next on the shopping list JR?
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

1000+ Posts
    phasis, i really dont know at this stage.
    jr20516v

Now:

Its a sad day ! JR is selling his pride and joy@

Nick :p
    <a href="http://www.pugaction.com" target="_blank">http://www.pugaction.com</a>

1000+ Posts
    it is a sad day...its the perfect car in my eyes. i can take it to carshows, the next day drive it to work. its a modern classic and doesn't look like all the "look-alikes" on the road. it can potter around in jekyl mode at 1000rpm in 5th., or on the odd occasion it can use the hyde mode and go ballistic...all this and it costs me a pittance to run. what can i replace it with?? this is the problem! there is nothing around that can do 235kph and return 38mpg around town.if theres someway i can think of keeping it i'll do my utmost. there MUST be a way of having my cake and eating it!!!!
    jr20516v

Now:

Fellow Frogger!
    jr,

I tried to sell mine look at all the things i have been through.
    First i advertised it then by the time it came out in the paper i ended up telling people it is no longer for sale.
    Then i took it off the road for 6 months reasearsch and devolopment for the turbo system had very low morale advertised it this time i had people over my house (because i cut the manifolds and damaged the guards measuring up for the t16 wide arches the people who wanted it were to lazy to buy the parts that were missing asked me to get them i did then i went for a spin and decided not to sell again).
    I showed them reciepts for over 6 thousand dollars and they were trying to haggle on $500 bucks.
    Stuff the acountant man what does he know freind just lost over $20000 on a clubsport (An new car)
    It is just not worth it (People just don't see the work that has gone into your car)
    I will most likely keep mine (i am trying to find excuses to sell though)
    My engine is worth what i was selling the whole car for.

Murat

jr20516v,

Considering what you've spent on the car, how much you like it, and how little anyone else is likely to pay you for it, you're far better off keeping it.

I don't know where your accountant learnt maths, because I can't see how you would be any better off financially by selling it.

If he wants you to get a new car for Tax reasons, how much are you really likely to gain? Buying a new car every 4 years is probably going to cost you atleast $20k every 4 years, by the time you take into account depreciation, servicing, etc. Deduct $5000 from whatever tax benefit you get each year and what are you left with? After you consider all this, is it really such a good idea to sell a car you like so much? Think of what you would have to spend to ever build another one like it. I think you'll kick yourself if you sell it.

The more often you buy and sell cars, the more money you loose. Get a car you like, look after it and keep it for years and years and years, and you'll save heaps of money.

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Fellow Frogger!
    This has nothing to do with jr's ad but
    One of the worst things i hate is a freind buys a car and talks to you about how much he is going to get if he gets it serviced reg
    or keeps it out from the rain,hail or shine or if he keeps the km's down
    How could you think about selling it when you just bought it
    When i buy my mentality is i will keep the car forever and maybe be buried in it whether it is after a high speed crash at phillip island or old age.

I don't think jr will end up selling in the end and will prob have renewed enthusiasim.

Murat

Murat,

I totally agree. You don't buy cars to make money out of them (and it's unrealistic to think that you can, unless you do something shonky). You buy a car to enjoy it and for transport, and that's how you get your value out of it.

Cars are not investments, they are there to be used. What's the point of owning a car if you're scared to put too many kms on it. Cars are designed to take you from one place to another, and that means putting kms on them.

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Could not agree more. The last thing you should do is own a car for the person buying it after after you. Enjoy it

Tadpole
    Murat, I am one of the people who looked at your car I think. The reason I had a problem over $500 bucks is because as soon as I mentioned an RACV test you upped the price. And I didn't argue over your original asking price, only after you upped the price when I wanted to buy it.

[ 19 January 2002: Message edited by: phunky_monkey ]</p>

Fellow Frogger!
    phunky_monkey,

Hello there it is a small world is it not
    I will be straight foward with you
    Let me know if i am wrong
    I had it advertised for $4700 as is
    No inlet manifold $150.00
    No exhaust manifold $200.00 (Found 1 with no cracks very rare)
    No front guards (Managed to get a deal for $240.00 a pair.
    New battery (euro design)$120
    New oil,oil filter,coolant,new exhaust studs $50+
    New exhaust gaskets $20
    I drove to the wreckers near tallamarine airport to get above parts then i installed everything.
    So $4700 + $730 = $5430I asked for $5500 so i only asked for $70 above what i paid for the parts and the 10+ hours i spent installing everything not to mention spending a whole day in traffic getting parts I also Blead the coolant putting all the hoses back on replaced the fuel lines put new guards on (So i think $7ph is a fair rate don't u think.

Take it easy
    Murat

Tadpole
    I think at pricing like that they should of kissed your feet said thankyou and drove off happy but being in the industry (repairing euro cars)I know some people are just never happy no matter how good or cheap you do things

Tadpole
    Murat, it is a small world indeed. So it has front guards on it and the engine is together??? Still want $5500???

Fellow Frogger!
    phunky_monkey,

Yes i have put the guards on and have done around
    2500 km on it without a problem.
    All it needs is paint on the front guards and bonnet.
    Yes i would let it go for $5500
    We could also work something out about the paint
    The only reason i have not painted it yet is because i was going to switch over to 2 pack BC\CC
    If you want to come down email me and you can see the car i have almost finished (It has a brand new paint job on it)

Murat

murat you drive a 205 dont you??? can you email me any pics/details/etc as i am kinda looking for one at the moment?

Fellow Frogger!
    Nick,

I am not really selling it mate
    While it was off the road i lost interest in it and decided to sell it with the missing pieces but i think people were scared to buy it because it was not going (Even though i had reciepts that most of the engine is rebuilt with new parts)
    I only advertised for 1 week in the trading post and then decided to put it back together (With the parts in the above post)
    phunky_monkey had come with his parents to have a look at it along with a couple of other interested people.
    People were interested to buy if i put it back together (I let them know that i have it going cheap because i want someone to buy as is and thats why i have it going for cheap price)
    I also told them if i put it together and start driving it it would be very hard for me to sell it.
    Anyway i am happy with it and can't be bothered advertising it or selling it.
    Because phunky_monkey has already seen it i offered to sell it to him fo $5500.
    Good thing about mine is i have the 90+ kw series2 engine in it with the new piston & liner kit and new bearings.
    I would have sold it long time ago if it were the usual 74kw engine.
    It Also has series2 leather seats optional hollandia electric sunroof (Same as the bmw roofs)
    And heaps of other things i have changed for reliability newer better cooling alternator new sensors and a lot of other things.

Take it easy
    Murat

Murat,

Damn, sounds perfect with the sroof, leather and 90kw+. Pity you're not selling it! Putting it together wouldn't fuss me too much, especially at the right price. Oh well, thanks anyway!

Thread Information