I'm about to start a 205 GTi6 project which means I am looking at selling my Classic. Basic details are as follows:
- First registered on 27 Feb 1995, which makes it the 2nd last 205 ever registered in Australia. It was initially registered to Peugeot Concessionaires and wasn't sold to its first private owner until Sept '95, which may well make it the last 205 sold.
- One owner from then until I purchased it in Sept 2012
- When I purchased the car it had had almost no use for 7 years while the owner was in France so I went right through it mechanically to recommission it - rebuilt rear beam, new timing belt and water pump, all new suspension bushes front and back, new struts, rear shocks etc - all with genuine Peugeot parts. Brakes rebuilt, new engine mounts etc etc. All work done by Paul Vassalo at AP Automotive and I obviously have receipts for everything. The car is mechanically perfect and drives like new.
- Perfect interior
- 100% original except the stereo, but I will re-fit the original stereo for sale
- Everything works - the A/C, the original remote central locking, the spring loaded coin tray, everything...
- Cosmetically beautiful.
I have obviously invested a lot in the car, and the GTi6 project is likely to be well into next year before it is finished so I am not in any hurry to sell but, ultimately, having two immaculate 205s probably doesn't make a lot of sense. The car will be at the French car day if anyone wants to have a look and a chat.
PM me or call on 0409 679 969 if interested.