The mrs has lost patience with me tinkering with the activa, wants something newer and less of a time sink for me - unfortunately the time I have to spend on it has decreased while the list of things that need attention has grown, and I'm not able to catch up. I love driving this car, and am half-hearted in selling it as it's never let me down and just keeps on going but I'm losing the argument.
It's a 98 Activa, silver with after market 17" wheels, 247000 k's on the clock. NSW rego expiring 5th May.
- very strong engine, plucky and has never let me down. Uses a little oil but nothing alarming.
- activa system working well, goes round corners like a go-cart
- body in good condition apart from some minor car park dings and stone chips. Clear coat peeling on spoiler but otherwise paint is good and shiny.
- New front anti-roll jack last year
- Service history showing regular oil changes - last by me at xmas, new filter, plugs, leads and oil.
- New timing belt & water pump last year (hasn't done a lot of k's since)
- tyres ok, one odd one because she doesn't like potholes and the tyre tends to lose out vs the anti-roll
- brakes good, new rotors a couple of years back, pads around 50%
- interior in decent condition, only usual wear and tear with no UV damage.
- nice dark tint on windows.
- no fluid leaks at all
- air con working, nice and cold
The not so good:
- front power windows not working - electrical fault which I've fixed once but came back
- interior lights were staying on after turning off and locking the car - all bulbs out.
- remote blipper stopped working, not 100% sure but I think it's the key not the receiver. front door keyholes both work fine for locking/unlocking
- Has sunroof, motor works but guide clip broke, so not usable - doesn't leak.
- Spheres need a regas
- bit rattly on the back end, probably needs some bushes
- heater core bypassed, first it was starting to leak then the input hose ruptured.
- Clutch is starting to slip when you give it a boot
- Might need a wheel bearing on the front left
- rear engine mount needs doing
- wheels have been refurbished before my ownership, showing signs of age now + some pretty adventurous previous scrapes.
Asking $1800 ono
As you can see it needs a bit of work, thus priced accordingly. pm me for further info or pics.