1998 Xantia Activa CT for sale central coast/sydney
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 1998 Xantia Activa CT for sale central coast/sydney

Hi all,

The mrs has lost patience with me tinkering with the activa, wants something newer and less of a time sink for me - unfortunately the time I have to spend on it has decreased while the list of things that need attention has grown, and I'm not able to catch up. I love driving this car, and am half-hearted in selling it as it's never let me down and just keeps on going but I'm losing the argument.

It's a 98 Activa, silver with after market 17" wheels, 247000 k's on the clock. NSW rego expiring 5th May.

The good:
    - very strong engine, plucky and has never let me down. Uses a little oil but nothing alarming.
    - activa system working well, goes round corners like a go-cart
    - body in good condition apart from some minor car park dings and stone chips. Clear coat peeling on spoiler but otherwise paint is good and shiny.
    - New front anti-roll jack last year
    - Service history showing regular oil changes - last by me at xmas, new filter, plugs, leads and oil.
    - New timing belt & water pump last year (hasn't done a lot of k's since)
    - tyres ok, one odd one because she doesn't like potholes and the tyre tends to lose out vs the anti-roll
    - brakes good, new rotors a couple of years back, pads around 50%
    - interior in decent condition, only usual wear and tear with no UV damage.
    - nice dark tint on windows.
    - no fluid leaks at all
    - air con working, nice and cold

The not so good:
    - front power windows not working - electrical fault which I've fixed once but came back
    - interior lights were staying on after turning off and locking the car - all bulbs out.
    - remote blipper stopped working, not 100% sure but I think it's the key not the receiver. front door keyholes both work fine for locking/unlocking
    - Has sunroof, motor works but guide clip broke, so not usable - doesn't leak.
    - Spheres need a regas
    - bit rattly on the back end, probably needs some bushes
    - heater core bypassed, first it was starting to leak then the input hose ruptured.
    - Clutch is starting to slip when you give it a boot
    - Might need a wheel bearing on the front left
    - rear engine mount needs doing
    - wheels have been refurbished before my ownership, showing signs of age now + some pretty adventurous previous scrapes.

Asking $1800 ono
    As you can see it needs a bit of work, thus priced accordingly. pm me for further info or pics.

Advertisement
    2010 Renault laguna III expression
    1998 Citroen Xantia Activa CT

Tadpole

Sold!
    2010 Renault laguna III expression
    1998 Citroen Xantia Activa CT

Thread Information