1997 C5 HDI Wagon
  • Help
    WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Default 1997 C5 HDI Wagon

I have a 1997 C5 HDI Wagon for sale, Only done around 86000K. As it has been mostly a city car, it has been driven once a month down the freeway toward Sale for 30 mins so that the FAP filter can run through its' cycle. Has only "failed to proceed" twice. Once because the camshaft sensor failed and once because the battery died.... It is that sand colour that I (nobody) can't pronounce It is in excellent condition - just a few very minor "shrub" scratches on the sides and some minor marks on the front and rear bumper (no dents).
    The only thing wrong with it at the moment is that the tailgate struts need re-gassing. It is fitted with Citroen roof bars but does not have a tow-bar.

These are fantastic touring cars with a huge cargo area - it has been to Queensland a couple of times and around Tassi twice. The amount of stuff you can fit in it is amazing. It has been well looked after and regularly serviced (not by a Citroen dealer so, you know it has been done properly). Tyers are getting on a bit and will probably need replacing before summer, depending on how often it is driven. The Windscreen was replaced 2 years ago when a truck through a bloody great rock at the original... A new battery was fitted late last year.
    I want $12,000 firm. I am actually considering wrecking it as I would get far more money for it so, if it is still here in 6 weeks, I will experiment with the idea
    Anyway, anybody interested send me a PO. Will post some pictures once after I have given it a wash.

I am selling it as the kids have grown so, it only gets driven a few days a week. I have just bought a CX GTI to play with and keep me mobile (well, sometimes...)

cheers

Warren

Had lot of comments from fellow froggers about more info so, here go's:
    Eh hem
    Colour is Sand Legr....
    6 speed AL6 Box
    All recalls done
    turning headlights (these really work well in the country at night)
    Not HID Lights but, really bright anyway
    2 liter HDI with FAP filter will almost make it to sydney on one tankfull (although, with my new GPS with speed camera and car subsciption, I could probably make it)
    I will put some photos on tommorrow
    I will pay rego

Advertisement
    Last edited by WRB; 24th April 2014 at 09:12 PM.

UFO

Just making a comment that may correct perceptions. Only moderators and the original poster can comment in Cars for sale.

I think, by the description, you mean you have a 2007 C5. C5s were not manufactured in any form until the 2000s, and by description yours would be the second nose, prior to the X7 series. LIKE this one.

http://img.virtualshowroom.com.au/FP.../37089791F.JPG
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

That is the same as Mine only a bit older as the 2007 model doese not have the black rubber running along the body just below the midriff

WRB
    Fellow Frogger!

Since I have discovered that my CX needs more work than I expected, I have decided not to sell this car....

Thread Information