89 405 MI16 For sale
  • Help

Default 89 405 MI16 For sale

Hi guys and gals

Advertisement

Ok, Ive now decided to keep the motor and gearbox for myself now. After visiting Owen and Peter T so im now going to complete the 16v conversion. Soooooooo, im now breaking the car down. Im moving as fast as i can to get some pictures up for you guys. Sorry if ive stuffed you round. (blame Peter T ) ) (im joking)
    Cam
    Last edited by cam85; 8th January 2004 at 05:56 PM.

You're not going to use this engine for your 205?

$2500-$3000 about right?
    Regards,
    Matt
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Imagine watching the entire French Air-Force crash into a fireworks factory. That's how much fun this car is."

Jeremy Clarkson - talking about the V6 Clio
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cam,

I've been watching your postings regarding this car over the past couple of days & been waiting for someone to mention this; If this engine has not been run in 12 months, could I suggest you take a real good close look at the cambelt before starting it up particularly if the belt was getting close to being ready for a change, there were any oil leaks in say the tappet cover or camshaft seals where oil may have found its way into the cover area or if the water pump's a bit sus.
    The reason being that the belt will have sat in the one position for so long that it will have formed into the shape of the items it passes over & will begin to flex immediately on start up and if perished or cracked, can potentially fail at those spots.
    Ask any appliance technician how many clothes dryer belts do exactly this after a dry spell. A few years ago it was claimed approx 23,500 belts failed on Simpson dryers in one week following a prolonged dry spell for exactly that reason.
    Thought mentioning it may prevent a possible interstate sale ending up in a fight or in tears. I went to see a GS a couple of years ago where exactly that happened.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

hI cam,

Any pics of the 405??? Also are you going to keep your s3 in standard trim! If so good on yah!

Cheers Nick

Hey ,

Yeah im looking about that price. Im selling the lot pretty much.
    And in regards to it not being started. Im not going to start it (if im the one going to start it) until ive had things like cambelt, new coolent , full oil change, ect just to make sure everything is fresh. There dosent sem to be oil and stuff leaking rould the gasket.

Thread Information