nice 505 Sti about to be wrecked
  • Help

Default nice 505 Sti about to be wrecked

There is a very nice condition 505 STi at Pickapart in Melbourne. If someone wants a good one, it can be had for ~$400.
    It has made it to the yard though and will be picked at soon (and is missing it wheels and instruments, so no idea how many Ks on it)
    It is far too good to wreck and will someone please go and rescue it, 'cos I cant afford to

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon
    There is a very nice condition 505 STi at Pickapart in Melbourne(and is missing it wheels and instruments,)
    Hi Haakon
    Which Pickapart, in Sydney Rd/Hume H. or out East ?
    About what year?
    What colour?
    So many projects - so little time.

Kilsyth (near Bayswater) Its red with tan interior (really good, perfect seats etc). I'd say it is an '84 -85 model, as its a series 1 STi.
    The motor looks really nice and clean, showing all the signs of caring parents.
    I really hope someone can rescue it, otherwise I will grab its discs and injection gear (in an effort to cure troublesome idling on my friends STi)
    Paint on front doors is a bit faded, but has no rust anywhere. Cracked rh headlight. I would be quite surprised if it has more than 200K km on its, but impossible to say.
    Really wish I had the spare cash (as I reckon I would make money on it by putting it on the road and selling it), but the R25 needs a grand thrown at it

It has had its compliance plates removed, but this is not a problem for
    re-registering in Victoria.
    Last edited by Haakon; 24th December 2003 at 09:50 PM.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon

It has had its compliance plates removed, but this is not a problem for
    re-registering in Victoria.

that's slightly illegal isn't it ?
    to remove the compliance plates that is
    they are the type of things that normally someone takes along with the rego plates from a car and sticks them on another one to make it registered
    close to rebirthing
    which i was queried by a nieghbour about the other day when i registered the bronze 604 and the blue one was stripped out and sliced up
    funny how people jump to conclusions like that
    but seeing as the plates were still on the blue car and the chassis number was still in place and it had no resemblance to the numbers on the bronze car
    the neighbours husband just happens to work where the bronze car went for it's blue slip so i'd be fairly silly to have done something like a rebirth just up the road
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x 2018 3008

1 x 2000 Citroen XM,

1 x '98 306 GTi6 sadly sold

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Pickapart always take off compliance plates to stop people taking them for that very reason. But because the Vin is stamped into the chassis, thats all Vicroads uses for identifiying the car. It will show up as having been registered before, hence they are happy it complies with ADRs.
    The only time they want to see a compliance plate is when the car has not been registered in Australia before.
    Trust me on this, I have an R21 sitting in the drive that I bought from Pickapart with no complince plates, and it was registered fine.
    But if you ask them, they keep all the plates they rip off, and if youre lucky and rummage through their collection you might find them. They might still have them, as this car was put in the yard in the last few days I would say.

We in Victoria are lucky to not have as Nazi like a road and traffic authority as you poor buggers in NSW (no annual roadworthy checks - yet )
    Last edited by Haakon; 24th December 2003 at 10:12 PM.

Originally posted by pugrambo
    that's slightly illegal isn't it ?
    to remove the compliance plates that is
    I doubt very much that removing them is illegal anywhere. But it obviously makes life more difficult for future owners...

I was queried by a nieghbour about the other day when i registered the bronze 604 and the blue one was stripped out and sliced up
    funny how people jump to conclusions like that
    Don't you just love neighbours?
    Last edited by Ray Bell; 25th December 2003 at 08:19 AM.

too late.... went out today and someone had grabbed the whole front end struts,steering the lot. and they took the drivers seat, injection,fan, rear shocks...... someone went home happy at the cost of another good pugs death

Thread Information