anyone know this renault 25?
  • Help

Default anyone know this renault 25?

Found this in the Melb auction ads. Anyone know it? How good is a 25 anyway?
    http://www.fowles.com.au/auctions/lo...Number=1466448

Advertisement

At those K's it is either close to needing an auto trans rebuild or has had one done recently. Also as the thing looks picked over, unless the eyes popped out with damage, it could have existing problems that became too hard for the PO to fix.

Overall a 25 isn't a bad car, just one on those that develops a lot of niggling problems as they get older. Electrical problems, 80's Renault plastique etc etc....

Yeah it looks a bit damaged, dont know how hard those parts would be to find though

Its an unleaded one though, which makes the idea of a resoration a bit less insane - its a vast improvement on the earlier ones (ie trouble free running and climate control)
    If the interior and body is good, it would be worth doing, even if you had to throw 2 grand for a new trans at it.

It actually looks like a B29E to me, which is a leaded version, with Blue Velour interior. Good for spares at say $200 or $300 bucks!

There was an ULP version at the Pickles auction about 6 months ago with leather. Does anyone know if it sold? Or of its location?
    Cheers - Luke

1990 Renault 25 V6 Baccara - Gunmetal Grey
    1974 Renault 17TS (1317) - Silver

It is a leaded B29E, the VIN is on the site.

It is too. The side mouldings looked like the later ones (ie just a narrow moulding) at first glance rather than the early big ones.
    The 1/86 date must be the compliance, not build.
    In that case its only worth it if the inside is mint , and the auto is good.

Quote Originally Posted by CX owner
    Found this in the Melb auction ads. Anyone know it? How good is a 25 anyway?
    http://www.fowles.com.au/auctions/lo...Number=1466448

From my experience the Renault 25 is a fantastic car that should have been a lot more popular, and can be obtained very cheaply today. The car in my family ('85 GTX) has done about 340km and the motor has never missed a beat - the fuel injection works perfectly unlike a lot of more modern cars. It has the usual electrical problems - fuel gauge, computer etc. Aside from this the 25 with a manual box is an absolute pleasure to drive! If you could get one in good order you will be lovin' it.

Good luck,
    JG

Quote Originally Posted by JAG80
    From my experience the Renault 25 is a fantastic car that should have been a lot more popular, and can be obtained very cheaply today. The car in my family ('85 GTX) has done about 340km and the motor has never missed a beat - the fuel injection works perfectly unlike a lot of more modern cars. It has the usual electrical problems - fuel gauge, computer etc. Aside from this the 25 with a manual box is an absolute pleasure to drive! If you could get one in good order you will be lovin' it.

Good luck,
    JG
    Couldnt agree more - I love mine and will probably never sell it. I will be getting an Mi16 one day, but it will be in addition to the R25, not a replacement. Cant wait to drop the manual gearbox in it.
    As "bang for your buck" goes, they are hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon
    Couldnt agree more - I love mine and will probably never sell it. I will be getting an Mi16 one day, but it will be in addition to the R25, not a replacement. Cant wait to drop the manual gearbox in it.
    As "bang for your buck" goes, they are hard to beat.

For sure. I'm also looking for an Mi16 - have looked at a few cars but people generally want too much for them. Gotta be patient I guess. Not sure whether an Mi16 is good idea though - have been steered away from them (reliability, running costs etc) - but their such an awesome car the drive!
    On the 25 - I reckon the manual gearbox is the nicest gearbox i've ever driven (that and the R20 as well).

As you all know, I just had my R25 converted to manual, which cost me a "G", but is worth every cent. Better than spending $3,000 plus on a rebuild auto.
    The box is tight and smooth. My car to has 338,000kms on it and still goes like a dream. I am about to do an Oil/ filter change, and a fuel filter too. Did the plugs last week, and should possibly get some new HT leads.
    In the new year I am going to do the shocks and bushes/ball joints etc, it will then feel like a new car.

Such a cheap car for what you get.
    It is funny when you pull up next to a Hyundai (which being a cheap shit box at $14000 on road, and notice how basic and tacky they are, you feel a bit like an exec, with the R25 with its still pretty modern styling, leqather interior, trip, cruise etc.....
    Cheers - Luke

Hey Luke, do you have a factory cruise control in yours? Thats got to be bloody rare in Oz.

No, not factory, after market.. Sorry to get you excited.
    Cheers - Luke

Ah well, same as mine, but I hope yours at least works..
    I'd love a factory setup - controls on the steering wheel has to a good 10 years ahead of its time.

Yes, it works. But, as you say, nothing like the standard as on my V6 - gee I miss it!!
    Cheers - Luke

Default Fowles R25 sold today, price unknown?

The sale was today; Tue instead of Wed due to xmas,so I missed the inspec tion and price it went for, such is life. Even with the headlights missing (approx $360 for the pair) would have been good as a spares/practice car without putting my daily driver at risk.
    Cheers
    GavinS R25 GTX
    Cheers- GavinS 25 GTX 1987 build 2165cc auto - TBR. Renault is properly pronounced "Rhen-oh."
    .......................................Nissan Skyline (daily driver)
    Seek the blindspot and unknown of The Johari Window.

Thread Information