205 gti air pressure switch
  • Help
    pmc
    Tadpole

Default 205 gti air pressure switch

Hi Guys

I know this has been discussed before but can someone tell me how to bridge the air cond pressure switch as my system is gassed ok and pressures ok but the clucth on the compressor seems to have a mind of its own and work for a few seconds, then cut out

I thought it may be a wiring issue with power to compressor/clutch or a relay but was told it may be a faulty pressure switch

any comments would be appreciated

cheers

pmc

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pmc View Post
    Hi Guys

I know this has been discussed before but can someone tell me how to bridge the air cond pressure switch as my system is gassed ok and pressures ok but the clucth on the compressor seems to have a mind of its own and work for a few seconds, then cut out

I thought it may be a wiring issue with power to compressor/clutch or a relay but was told it may be a faulty pressure switch

any comments would be appreciated

cheers

pmc

pmc,
    I don't know if things have changed much but air con systems have two pressure switches, one for low pressure, lack of gas. The other for over pressure, incorrect [high] gas level. Both will 'kick out' your compressor. The modern switch may be a combination of both ?

Try "jumping" the switch wires for a short period to determine if it is faulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest View Post
    pmc,
    I don't know if things have changed much but air con systems have two pressure switches, one for low pressure, lack of gas. The other for over pressure, incorrect [high] gas level. Both will 'kick out' your compressor. The modern switch may be a combination of both ?

Try "jumping" the switch wires for a short period to determine if it is faulty.
    Most two connection switches are combined LO/HI pressure switches.

Find the switch and short the wires briefly. Then find out why the switch has operated or you stand to do major damage to the aircon system if you run it for any length of time.

pmc
    Tadpole

Default solution

Hi guys

thanks for the advice

looks like its a faulty thermistor under the dash

my sparky says rather than replace, its better to swap for a thermostat.
    fingers crossed as it was cheezing me off

Hey pmc, If you get it working can you plz report if it is worthwhile? In winter it should be freezing i guess. Mine is still in place in my 205 and supposedly was last regassed a few years ago but i have heard so many bad reports of them being useless i havent wanted to spend the money fixing it.

Thread Information