C/R of a XU10J2TE
  • Help

Default C/R of a XU10J2TE

As the title states, can anyone tell me the compression ratio of a XU10J2TE ?

Thanks,

Advertisement

Chris.

1000+ Posts

Default C/r

This link says 8.0, which is pretty much what I thought it was

http://www.carbuddy.com.au/car/value...aspx?gid=18944

Cheers

Alec

'97 Xantia VSX Turbo CT
    '95 605 SV

Quite low. Dished pistons or a compression reducing plate thingy I wonder.

Thanks.

Chris

1000+ Posts

I'd take that site with a grain of salt Chris. The F/d is not 4.46 for a start as it states.
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DjB8V View Post
    Quite low. Dished pistons or a compression reducing plate thingy I wonder.

Thanks.

Chris
    Yes standard XU10J2 C/R is 9.5:1, so 8.0 is low, but normal for a turbo I believe?

As to how compression is reduced, I haven't had the head off mine, so can't answer. Haynes manual for the Xantia unfortunately doesn't cover the XU10J2TE motor, so no info there...

I suppose you're hoping to find a Xantia Turbo CT being wrecked, so you can put the motor into a Pug 205? Magic once mentioned that he wanted to do that, but couldn't find an XU10J2TE in Australia that he could buy.

Cheers

Alec

Or a 406sri.

To be honest I'm thinking using the turbo setup on a XU9 motor. Thanks for the info though.

Chris

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Armidillo View Post
    Yes standard XU10J2 C/R is 9.5:1, so 8.0 is low, but normal for a turbo I believe?

As to how compression is reduced, I haven't had the head off mine, so can't answer. Haynes manual for the Xantia unfortunately doesn't cover the XU10J2TE motor, so no info there...

I suppose you're hoping to find a Xantia Turbo CT being wrecked, so you can put the motor into a Pug 205? Magic once mentioned that he wanted to do that, but couldn't find an XU10J2TE in Australia that he could buy.

Cheers

Alec

And guess who is doing that conversion as we speak?
    jr20516v

Now:

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jr20516v View Post
    I'd take that site with a grain of salt Chris. The F/d is not 4.46 for a start as it states.

OK, try this site! Engine specs should be identical...

http://en.peugeotclub.eu/engine_detail.php?id=32

Cheers

Alec

Quote Originally Posted by jr20516v View Post
    And guess who is doing that conversion as we speak?
    I though XU10s where considerably heavier than the XU9. Either ways, I'd be interested to watch the progess

Quote Originally Posted by Armidillo View Post
    OK, try this site! Engine specs should be identical...

http://en.peugeotclub.eu/engine_detail.php?id=32

Cheers

Alec
    Cheers and thanks

Chris

if doing the above mentioned conversion or any xu 16v conversion into a 205 would it be best to obtain the whole car for all the little bits and pieces or is it ok to just get the motor and a few other neccessary bits. nothing worse than having a car that dont drive stuck in the driveway.

Heard and understood, but all the turbo gear off this goes straight on to an 8V. Just engine management and compression needs to be address. Hence the thread/question.

Chris

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djvu205 View Post
    if doing the above mentioned conversion or any xu 16v conversion into a 205 would it be best to obtain the whole car for all the little bits and pieces or is it ok to just get the motor and a few other neccessary bits. nothing worse than having a car that dont drive stuck in the driveway.

It is always best to have the whole car as there is always something reqd during the conversion.
    The main reason is its easier to unlock the ECU with the full car on site
    jr20516v

Now:

Dont stress too much about the heavy cast iron xu10... Mine being the xu10j4te is havy but it still handles a bauty right thru the twistys better than before. This is my personal experience but i know the issue is very strongly debated on here.... With regards t boost pressure.... 8 cr is not so bad althou a litle low but i would have thought that 9.5 is a bit high for a wet liner engine... You might be forced to either run low boost or modify the liners and head to make sure the liners dont shake with high power high boost.
    205 GTi T16

205 CTi

Thread Information