205 lsd
  • Help

Thread: 205 lsd

Default 205 lsd

Hi all,

I've saved a few pennies and am looking to buy a 205 LSD (I know I just missed out on the group buy...). I understand that quaife are generally the weapon of choice and am wondering where the place to buy one would be? Also on the quaife website it only mentions be3 boxes while I have a be1: can I use them still? Any other options, such as the Gripper worth looking at?

Advertisement

Cheers in advance

Sam

there are a few brands and types of LSD diffs for the 205, all depends what you need to do with the car.

i have a quaife in my 205 and as a road car its pretty awesome, still open when not on power so it makes maneuvering easier and more comfortable.

as far as i know there are no differences between the BE1 and BE3 gearboxes in terms of structure. The difference lies in the type of clutch and the diff and gear ratios, so the LSDs can be fitted to either.

although i do recall a thread in which it was explained that one particular brand/type of diff required machining of the diff housing to allow it to fit. This is not the case with the quaife.
    205 GTi T16

205 CTi

oh and i think quaife has a dealership in Newzeland where they can be purchased or other ways someone on Aussiefrogs can surely help you locate or supply one.
    205 GTi T16

205 CTi

Palmside - www.palmside.co.nz

I run a quaife in my car also...

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by deltone View Post
    there are a few brands and types of LSD diffs for the 205, all depends what you need to do with the car.

i have a quaife in my 205 and as a road car its pretty awesome, still open when not on power so it makes maneuvering easier and more comfortable.

as far as i know there are no differences between the BE1 and BE3 gearboxes in terms of structure. The difference lies in the type of clutch and the diff and gear ratios, so the LSDs can be fitted to either.

although i do recall a thread in which it was explained that one particular brand/type of diff required machining of the diff housing to allow it to fit. This is not the case with the quaife.
    No differemce in ratios between BE1 and BE3, it all depends on the car model as to what ratios you get.
    Differences are the reverse gear postion and some internal design differences.
    Graham

Any one of the boxes better than the other?
    205 GTi T16

205 CTi

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by deltone View Post
    Any one of the boxes better than the other?
    As you would expect being the later box the BE3 has a better feel and is more reliable.
    Graham

Thread Information