xantia thrust bearing
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default xantia thrust bearing

Recently I replaced the clutch on our xantia,and after a month or so it started to get heavy and shudder abit.On inspection from under,through a hole,the bearing rotates,so one of the forks don,t locate through the slot on the bearing. I,m told they dont have clips.Everything was new parts,anyone have an idea?

Advertisement

Hi Will,
    this sounds like you have something snapped off or broken. A clutch mechanism is pretty simple. You said you replaced the clutch. For the fork to not engage the thrust bearing properly , or only on one side , something is definately amiss. Either the fork has broken, or the fulcrum point is not secured correctly. Either way you will have to remove the clutch cable/ or slave cylinder( if hydraulic) and the cover to be able to check how the lever has pulled out on one side of the bearing.

Mine is an auto, so I'm just going by memory here. I've replaced clutches in my own cars for about 35 years now.
    Good luck.
    Cheers.....George 1/8th

Tadpole

thanks George, you are spot on,since my last post, I new i had to do something to see what was happening, as you said,something had to be broken.So with the mach.arm type setup ,its gear box out-again.After 4.5 hours I found the lug on the other side of the bearing broken off,which allowed the bearing to swivel,and the pressure on the clutch was un even.THANKS AGAIN,I,m on the right track.WHen you own a Citroen you need a place like this.MARK

Thread Information