Questions for the Megasquirt experts
  • Help

Default Questions for the Megasquirt experts

I am finally getting around to putting megasquirt on my S2 505 Gti. I have most of the bits, but still need a weld in bung for the Air temp sender, an O2 sensor and a few new connectors (most of the s/hand ones I have are pretty crap).
    I have a pre-mapped megasquirt ecu (thanks GW), and I am going to use a relay board.
    Questions :-
    Do I leave the original Tachymetric relay in place and use the output from it as my 12v switched power supply for the relay box? or does the Megasquirt controller take the place of the Tachymetric relay?

The relay board provides a central place for all of the required
    relays, fuse protection, and external wiring for MegaSquirt. It was developed in a
    response to a few burned boards due to miswiring. Here is a picture of the completed
    relay board:

Questions for the Megasquirt experts-relay-board.jpg

Thanks Pete

Advertisement

I am gunna get another 403 on the road........one day

Quote Originally Posted by PCOATES505 View Post
    I am finally getting around to putting megasquirt on my S2 505 Gti. I have most of the bits, but still need a weld in bung for the Air temp sender, an O2 sensor and a few new connectors (most of the s/hand ones I have are pretty crap).
    I have a pre-mapped megasquirt ecu (thanks GW), and I am going to use a relay board.
    Questions :-
    Do I leave the original Tachymetric relay in place and use the output from it as my 12v switched power supply for the relay box? or does the Megasquirt controller take the place of the Tachymetric relay?

The relay board provides a central place for all of the required
    relays, fuse protection, and external wiring for MegaSquirt. It was developed in a
    response to a few burned boards due to miswiring. Here is a picture of the completed
    relay board:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	relay board.jpg 
Views:	1840 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	13562

Thanks Pete
    Pin #37 on the megasquirt D37 connector is used for the fuel relay feed

#37 will be connected to the coil of pump relay in the engine bay module which you show in the image.

The tachometric relay become redundant because your megasquirt controller controls the relay in the new box.

You need to find the fuel pump FEED wire, on the tachometric relay socket and extend and connect to the fuel pump terminal on the engine bay box. You simply stick a male 6.3 QC terminal into the socket to do this.

According to my diagram, the fuel pump will be connected to 87 or 87B on the tachometric relay socket.

Default ok

Thanks Rob

cheers Pete

I am gunna get another 403 on the road........one day

Thread Information