Pin out for crank angle sensor.
  • Help

Default Pin out for crank angle sensor.

I have just had my car on the dyno with a new Haltech, and I know that electronically everything is now sweet. It is a 405 Mi16 - XU9j4 engine. However, to wire up the crank angle sensor, I wound up cutting the plug off the sensor and splicing wires so that we could swap them back and forth to get the trailing edge trigger right. Stupid me didn't keep the plug in tact so I could check pin to wire configuration. The sensor I cut up had a yellow wire, black wire and the earthed screen = 3 pin plug.

Without me cutting up another sensor to confirm, does anyone know the pin allocation on the 3 pin plug so that I can ge earth, screen and the signal on the right terminals when I wire a new plug onto my ECU loom?

Thanks.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by racing405 View Post
    I wound up cutting the plug off the sensor and splicing wires so that we could swap them back and forth to get the trailing edge trigger right.
    Rookie error. As it's AC it doesn't actually matter. You should have cut off a three pin socket off something else.

My file of pin outs is 102Kb, but some GURU has reset the 100Kb limit. I'll email it to you.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thread Information