Fixing window tinting defects
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Fixing window tinting defects

Hi all,
    I have a couple of window tinting defects . As I don't want to replace the tinting completely
    I am wondering if it is possible to repair them ? Anyone know of special ways to do this ?

Advertisement
    Last edited by Okayitwasme; 13th May 2011 at 10:16 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Okayitwasme View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a couple of creases in my window tinting. They are not round bubbles, but more like creases, or perhaps long bubbles about 2 or 3 inches long, with air inside. As I don't want to replace the tinting completely
    ( one of them is in the corner of the rear window ), I am wondering if it is possible to repair them ?
    Anyone know of special ways to do this ?
    You could try taking a 10ml syringe with a fine needle( 20+G) full of water that has a few drops/cupful of dishwashing detergent in it. Make a hole at the top of the bubble to let the air out, then make a second hole and slowly inject enough 'soapy' water to fill the bubble. Leave it for a few minutes to 'wet' the foil, then make a couple more holes to drain the liquid. Carefully press with a sponge until the foil is back onto the screen, then roll with a small roller (wallpaper roller comes to mind) or similar.
    Top corner of the rear screen sounds like a real fun place to do this sort of work
    If tyou really have creases you will probably never get rid of the crease line.
    Those people that say I know - generally don't.

Thread Information