• Help
Page 58 of 58 First ... 8485455565758
Results 1,426 to 1,437 of 1437
Like Tree279Likes

Thread: Tool Talk

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    I think Roger wanted one of these

Advertisement

looks like it has the built in post hole digger as well.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Excellent for drilling and installing horizontal holes and posts..........
    It's another lovely day! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Luck View Post
    Excellent for drilling and installing horizontal holes and posts..........
    Tool Talk-post-rammer-2.jpg

Fixed it for you....
    Mutual Respect is Contagious

Avoid. Cheap, yes, but weird non-standard design and looks pretty rough. If decent hydraulic design and functional but worn, $5000 would be cheap. New about $18,000 last I looked.

Roger
    Kenfuego likes this.

bob
    1000+ Posts

G'day Shane,

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    ....... The blades beat up a hell of a vapour cloud of water .... this is also full of onion grass.... Yet it still cut it cleanly as shown. I was amazed to find it cut all the onion grass off cleanly ( yeah don't worry, I went back 10minutes later and the onion grass was all standing up straight again .... sigh ... the rear roller had just flattened it out ... .does any mower in the world cut onion grass ?).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    yep, it can be chopped off at the socks. All you need is a few regular visits from the local corella or galah flock and you get a nicely aerated area instead....

cheers,
    Bob

ha ! USA smell chucker, it doesn't know about Aussie bird names - or bowlers with strange actions either...

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    G'day Shane,

yep, it can be chopped off at the socks. All you need is a few regular visits from the local corella or galah flock and you get a nicely aerated area instead....

cheers,
    Bob

ha ! USA smell chucker, it doesn't know about Aussie bird names - or bowlers with strange actions either...
    I haven't seen that in about 25years. When there was no feed left (drought) we had big flocks dig up the entire acerage and remove all the bulbs. Amazing to watch. I didn't know what they were doing at first.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey View Post
    Thanks Shane! No its a 12" bar. Yeah, it shouldn't be too worn; Dad got it new and only used it a bit, then gave it to aforementioned numpty who handed it back in its current state after giving it a hiding. It came back with the bar and chain covered in sand and we guessed he'd been cutting roots half buried. One of those where you remember a year later that you didn't get a tool back and have to ask for it.

It's never even had a sparkplug change. I inherited it a while back and haven't had time to get it going.

How do you tell if the bar is OK, not worn out? Or do they last ages?
    if you read the forums ... promacs usually only need a carby kit (about $8.00 including delivery online) and/or a fuel line to get working again. However ... I was talking to the mate I borrowed the commercial Husky saw from .... He lent that and his small stihl to a different friend to knock down some fencing with. He gave instructions that oil must be mixed at 30:1 ... and the chain oil tank will need to be refilled with each tank of fuel.

Well he just went to use his saws ... Neither wanted to start ... and wouldnt' run properly at all. In frustraction they were pulled down. Both have heavily scored bores ... they were both obviously run without oil until they died. looks like they were run without chain oil as well.

So if the promac won't start ... don't mess around ... drop the head off and make sure it wasn't lent to a moron that just put plain unmixed oil in it

The obvious answer is to never lend out a power tool!

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Kenfuego likes this.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

The howard sure would be a fun toy

For all your equipment hire & rental in Ballarat | Bylsma Hire

Bylsma would be the guys to hire from. A lot of there equipment seems to be "Red Roo". real industrial quality gear. Certainly not cheap. I checked today about hiring a stump grinder. I'd be looking at a few hundred for 1/2 days hire for the hydraulic red roo ( you guide the cutter head with a joystick)

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    Just be aware of regulation clearances from main cables and other hazardous services.

FWIW data and telephone cabling is a prescribed activity and ideally is carried out by a licensed cabler.

https://www.acma.gov.au/Industry/Tel...istered-cabler

I'd at least get a copy of the "Wiring Rules" AS/NZ S009 .

Getting wires behind plaster (without insulation ) is not hard. Drill the top plate and use some shower chain and coat hanger to hook the chain. Beware of open power points when using the shower chain.

Removing the plaster seems an overkill.
    Rob will like this one .... I know I do some dodgy shit aroudn the house .... but I have nothing on the professionals. Steamatic has being doing mold remediation on our house. As a part of this they removed the kitchen roof plaster ... and one of them was bloody near killed. A heavy ( stove/hot water service HEAVY current) power wire dropped down as they removed the plaster. Get this, it was just sitting there with the wiring exposed at the end in the blow in type roof insulation (someone could have been killed crawling in the roof). A sparkie must have moved a hot water service at some point and left the old wiring just sitting there ). Bloody lucky one of there guys wasn't killed.

They rang a sparkie. he turns up and just leaves it on the floor ( to dangerous for me to do anything about it ... I'm not going up into that roof). he just puts a plastic junction box over the conductors. FFS ... All the wiring for the air conditoner is hanging down, as is the new lights that have been added over the years. Bloody dangerous .... Fortunately someone smarter than that sparky .... simply switched the power off at the main switch that night and tied all the cabling up to the rafters, and isolated the "professionally added" wiring from the copper plumbing. The guys working in the house were most thankful there was no wiring hanging down in there workspace the following day ....

They have finally finished, and builders are due next week to start re-plastering and fixing the house. I figured I better check the soft roof in the bathroom that I've known was always there (but I ignored ... well it is a wet area after all). I touched it and my finger went straight through .... so I broke there area out.... Luckily in the daytime for a change.

Daylight .... I can see bloody daylight through the roof.

seriously .... what sort of nuff nuff not only drills through a tile, rather than running a bracket over the top edge .... they don't seal the hole. I would have thought a bolt down seal as a bare minimum (not a splash of silicon that doesn't even touch the roof tile). You can tell by the installation it's been a professional installer that added that aerial ( I've already removed his wiring that was sharing frame holes with 240volt wiring ...

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tool Talk-moldy_plaster.jpg   Tool Talk-roof2.jpg   Tool Talk-roof1.jpg  
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

A sparkie must have moved a hot water service at some point and left the old wiring just sitting there ). Bloody lucky one of there guys wasn't killed.
    Most likely the person who upgraded the hot water heater (to gas?) just disconnected the old electric unit.

This is classic of the death traps in older roofs, set by people who should know better.

And being licenced doesn't necessarily imply that regulations will followed.
    Kenfuego likes this.

Well, now you know why we hate asians. I reckon any SE asian tradie would have done the same job at the same standard of crappiness for a lot less money. Apparently we like to pay for crap as my canadian colleague keeps telling me.
    ACHTUNG ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS

Das computermachine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitssparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken bei das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets-relaxen und watch das blinkenlights.

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    Well, now you know why we hate asians. I reckon any SE asian tradie would have done the same job at the same standard of crappiness for a lot less money. Apparently we like to pay for crap as my canadian colleague keeps telling me.
    My experience is that race does not effect skill set. And to suggest otherwise, without definite information, is both untrue and insulting.

And thinly veiled racial vilification.

Quote Originally Posted by schlitzaugen View Post
    Well, now you know why we hate asians.
    Speak for yourself buddy, I quite like them.

Page 58 of 58 First ... 8485455565758

Thread Information