MI16 engine import from england?
  • Help

MI16 engine import from england?

Just a quick question to see if anybody has imported a mi16 engine from the UK as they are just about free. What are the extra cost's, the time frame and any problems that can be encountered.

If anybody knows of people who can supply one it would be appreciated.

Advertisement

Cheers

cheers!

Neil.
    205GTI/Mi16
    Tony Sprint Kart

1000+ Posts
    Neil,

Freight would be the killer. I looked at buying front disc rotors for my 306. The discs cost 11 pounds ($30ish)each. The freight by sea mail was 65 pounds ($200ish).

I said no thanks.

I sent a 20KG box to the UK last christmas, and that cost $250 by sea with a company called HomeBox here in Sydney.

How much does an MI16 engine weigh?

Derek

Fellow Frogger!
    DeKa:

I sent a 20KG box to the UK last christmas, and that cost $250 by sea with a company called HomeBox here in Sydney.

How much does an MI16 engine weigh?
    I'd say about 120kg. Which I guess means about $1250, which sounds about right, going on what I've been quoted for importing a 1 cubic metre box of stuff(i.e. about engine size plus a bit). It generally goes on the cubic metre rather than weight when you get things as big as that.

Dave

Geez Derek,

I think they saw tyou coming with those charges. I know they are dear, but your sea freight charges are about on par with prices for second class air courier which gives you the bits to your door within a week.
    Check out this link for some ideas.
    There are a few wreckers over there who do a lot of export, most are on the net & can quote freight charges as they know the specific weights of various items.
    A good trick is to get a box tossed into a container if you can find someone bringing a load of gear over but that's not easy to do.

Check out "Maxi" size I think it is.

<a href="http://www.fedex.com/" target="_blank">http://www.fedex.com/</a>

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Thread Information