forced induction
  • Help

forced induction

I'm thinking of supercharging my pug 205. Can i get away with a 1ggze charger on a series 1 (low cr) with out mods? I think the cat equiped pugs have lambda sensor on the exhaust. If I have to get a chip / Haltech with extra injector etc then then cost wise maybe getting a 16 valve and farting around with angling the engine, new extractors/shortned intake etc might be better. I know there's at least one supecharged pug out there.

Advertisement
    Present: 406 petrol 2.0 turbo 97(GB Import), 205 gti 1.9 89, Yamaha TZR250 3xv 93 (Jap Import)

Past: 205 gti 1.6 1988 (Singpr Import), Citroen 1.9 BX16valve, 405 1.9 mi16, 405 2.0 mi16,
    205 si 93, Mini GT, Datsun SSS x3, Dodge Ram, kingswood, Yamaha TZR250 2ma x2

Hey mate...You've left your Barina's lights on

is that blower from a Jap car carefull..
    Read the post i put up about the Jap egine ina 205.
    xqisid
    BUt why not!
    ... ptui!

Some Fiats in the eighties also had superchargers... check them out.

Fellow Frogger!
    Fat Bastard - I think Chipper on these forums looked into the pros and cons of the SC14 supercharger from the 1ggze.

It's not an incredibly efficent 'charger, however for the cost of them at $350 or so, it's a tempting proposition.

I think for a basic setup, you maybe be able to get away with a malpassi fuel regulator that ups the fuel pressure with boost pressure, and leave your ECU alone. Personally I feel a 5th injector setup is a bit messy.

Whether you'd do this with standard injectors or with some larger ones is anyone's guess.... it'll need some experimentation on a dyno with an exhaust probe to see how your mixtures are going through the rev range - then the malpassi regulator and injector sizes can be fiddled with accordingly.

BTW don't be tempted to up the boost too far on these with a smaller pulley. The teflon (actually, I've read it was a propriety coating developed by Toyota) coating on the lobes comes off when they're boosted above 10psi.

Thanks for the replies. I'm serious about supercharging my pug so any advice at all would be welcomed.
    Present: 406 petrol 2.0 turbo 97(GB Import), 205 gti 1.9 89, Yamaha TZR250 3xv 93 (Jap Import)

Past: 205 gti 1.6 1988 (Singpr Import), Citroen 1.9 BX16valve, 405 1.9 mi16, 405 2.0 mi16,
    205 si 93, Mini GT, Datsun SSS x3, Dodge Ram, kingswood, Yamaha TZR250 2ma x2

Hey mate...You've left your Barina's lights on

Tadpole
    >>>Hi F.B, i have done the setup which you have in mind for my 405.The CR of my XU9 is still 9.3 but bottom end fully balanced and i manage to crank 6psi boost with the sc14-1ggze.However,i'm using it in a drawthru setup via a dcoe 45 with no intercooling.So i could play with fuelling by changing jets.

To drop the CR, you can use the original thicker gasket made for the XU9 which measures 1.4mm as compared to std 1.2mm.It would be a completely diff animal once boost sets in.Hope this helps.

cheers

Thread Information