The Bastard Blew Up My old 405...
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

The Bastard Blew Up My old 405...

As many of you may remember I sold the 405 to a weary young man in NZ before heading back to the states in May.
    My brother was having his 405 Estate Diesel serviced at Greg Kent automotive in Glenfiel Auckland and see'e a very sick looking X my car.
    A rod had blown clear through the block and inbeded in the radiator !
    It exploded with such gusto there was oil on the head lining inside the car from the vents.......
    Better him than me.... the head was fine, so they put a 309 gti block on to match the box.....
    I miss the car..... the Suburban will suffice here though.
    Get this I can fill it 160 litres for $50 US does just over a thousand km on that. Who the hell would want to drive an economic vehicle when you can drive a tank for the same price, well nearly.....

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!
    Dammit, I'm sorry to hear your awesome old 405 got the raw treatment. Such a problem with young'uns these days (hey 22 so im old ), get a car, thrash it till it goes bang, get another one. Sooo many of my mates have done this. Cars are just too cheap here in NZ, esp the performance jappas.

Fuel prices in the US are criminal. Only cause ours aint that cheap.
    Lucky SOB.
    So when you coming back to the fold and getting another frog?

Fellow Frogger!
    Be back in December for the summer. Until late January. I have another car there I will be driving a 76' 316 BM trouble you, I am the 2nd owner from the guy that brought it new from the factory. Its a cool little car, though not a pug.

Thread Information