AxGT
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: AxGT

AxGT

Hey guys, i know this is the peugoet forum , but since there isnt a citroen performance forum , i might as well ask it here. I have a 91 AX GT, which is like a 106, with a 1.4l fuel injected motor - it kicks as it is, but i want a little more from it, what do you guys suggest?

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!
    Put a Pug 1.9 litre in it

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Hi Guys,

I'd go a BX16valve motor myself Not the gutless little Pug motor.

seeya,

Shane Leviston
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Have a look at some UK sites (not sure which ones). Modded AXs are common as muck over there and they do some crazy things to them.

Beautiful car the AX GT. I drove one new about 8 years ago and I was amazed how quick is was, how good it sounded, the incredible stability for a 700kg car. Lovely ... strange they didn't sell more here. Very common car in the UK.
    "Indecision is the key to flexibility" Anon.

If you speak German (or can put up with Babblefish or whatever it's called) go to the German AX club, or otherwise go to their links page.
    http://www.ax-club.de/html/links.html
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

what about a 106 gti motor, the 1.6 16v version, i know they've been fitted into a 205 XS before, well there have been 2 done so far.

i'm not sure if this is true or not but isnt the bx16v wiring all one colour whereas the mi16 wiring is coloured making it easier to distinguish wiring?

Andreas

Thanks for all the input guys - ive joined one of the UK AX mailing list and found out that you can get just about anything for them, such as 6 speed gearboxes with ZF LSDs - but the main prob is the aussie dollar being so rooted - kinda kills most of the ideas - and as a uni student, im not rolling in it ,so for the time being - im just enjoying it how it is

Thread Information