engine conversions
  • Register
  • Help

engine conversions

Anybody here done an engine conversion or know somebody who has.
    I specifically mean conversions with 205's and 405's, with engines such as the 1.9 and 2.0 Mi16s.
    I'm looking into fitting a 2.0 into my 405 with 1.9 Mi16, want to know what i'm in for and if i get stuck that somebody out there can help.

Advertisement

Andreas

As I said in another Peugeot post, Owen Wuillemin in Sydney, has perfected the fuel injected Mi16 into 205 conversion. He may have some words of wisdom on a 2L conversion. But why would you want to? The 1.9L motor was used in Super Tourers for a long time after the 2L motor was introduced. [email protected] as I recall.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

this isn't exactly a normal 2.0 16v....it's a T16

Fellow Frogger!
    Have you found a T16 ! They're as rare as rocking horse shit !!!

I have found one, have offered to buy it at an agreed price but have not yet heard a reply.
    so i'm *possibly* the new owner of a T16 motor

Andreas

p.s it's just been rebuilt and has a larger turbo, oversized valves, modified throttle body/inlet manifold...fingers crossed

Sounds great! Owen is definitely your man. He speciallizes in Cosworths and Peugeot, however you live in Melbourne. You can contact him at [email protected] if needed.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Fellow Frogger!
    You Suck, who's the contact ? I'll offer more !!

i'll tell you as soon as the motor is on a container bound for melbourne LOL
    btw i'm staying FWD for now, a turbo diesel gearbox might be an idea, nice and strong, will need to check ratios though.

Peter T: thanks for the email, i'll keep it handy!

just a thought, if uve seen my posts tonight, ull see im desperate to get an engine, would u be interested in selling the old mi16engine if u get the new one? also how much and stuff, and how hard was the conversion? thanks

Tadpole

I've converted a 306gti6 engine in my 205... but dont know much about the t16 engine.

I know some people who have t16's though. Either in a 405 or a 205.
    There is a yahoo group for the t16. There you can find all the info you could want.... Sorry i cant help you with the address, will ask if i speak to one of the users....

jochem.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    As I said in another Peugeot post, Owen Wuillemin in Sydney, has perfected the fuel injected Mi16 into 205 conversion. He may have some words of wisdom on a 2L conversion. But why would you want to? The 1.9L motor was used in Super Tourers for a long time after the 2L motor was introduced. [email protected] as I recall.
    Perfected?

No non-Peugeot parts in my car, even down to hoses and individual bolts. Air-pod (which is necessity due to space limitations) is made by Green Filters - supplier to Peugeot Sport. Rocker-cover I repainted in factory original black wrinkle paint with silver detailing. Underbonnet looks like it rolled off the factory floor. That's perfection buddy.

I do plan on making a website sometime - I've taken many pro-quality photos of the entire conversion from engine build to finishing touches. Just gotta find the time...

Quote Originally Posted by 205 GTI16
    No non-Peugeot parts in my car, even down to hoses and individual bolts. Air-pod (which is necessity due to space limitations) is made by Green Filters - supplier to Peugeot Sport. Rocker-cover I repainted in factory original black wrinkle paint with silver detailing. Underbonnet looks like it rolled off the factory floor. That's perfection buddy.

If that's what you believe then good on you. But in my opinion you've not done the smart thing and looked for ways of improving the transplant. Its all good and well using genuine parts but at what cost and what sacrifice? In the end noone really cares what parts are in it as long as it achieves its purpose. If that purpose is to go fast and produce more power than standard then how you achieve it is irrelevant.

But thanks again for telling us how good you are.

Hey I'm great too! Just ask me.

An example of what Daz is saying is putting a Quaife diff in your car coz it's better that the Pug one.

Read: Anyone interested in buying a Quaife diff please see the Quaife diff thread as we're one person short of a 20% discount!

bigmac_405, this was posted over 3 years ago, i've already sold my engine.

jochem, I knew everything I needed to know about the conversion and then it didn't go ahead, thanks for the offer to help.

205 GTI16, well done, do you want a trophy
    you might've noticed there aren't many here that'll be impressed when anyone talks themselves up.
    As for only using peugeot parts, it's your choice...I'm, with Darren, i wouldn't bother with them.

Quote Originally Posted by MYT205
    But thanks again for telling us how good you are.
    Please remove me from Aussiefrogs.

I'm not getting any benefits from being a member. I've given way more than my fair share of technical advice (which unlike most posts, is actual fact and not made up nonsense - hello turbopeugeot306), and I'm already tired of perusing through (and sometimes correcting) the astounding amount of nonsense that's posted on here.

I was being friendly in my last post. But to get a sarcastic response from someone, a moderator, who is supposed to know a little better than the rest of us, has helped me make my decision.

This is my resignation.
    Last edited by 205 GTI16; 31st March 2004 at 03:21 PM.

Here's a friendly post!

Put u're name down for a Quaife LSD guys were only one person away from a BIG discount!!! So if you've ever thought about LSD or even if you haven't buy a Quaife.

Dude u can't resign from AF!!

Please remove me from Aussiefrogs.

I'm not getting any benefits from being a member. I've given way more than my fair share of technical advice (which unlike most posts, is actual fact and not made up nonsense - hello turbopeugeot306), and I'm already tired of perusing through (and sometimes correcting) the astounding amount of nonsense that's posted on here.

I was being friendly in my last post. But to get a sarcastic response from someone, a moderator, who is supposed to know a little better than the rest of us, has helped me make my decision.

This is my resignation.

Careful you don't step on your dummy on the way out!!!

HA HA HHHAAAAAA!!!! Nice one.

Where's the contract.. i wanna see the verbal agreement form i signed... if i don't like it then i'm resigning too!

As this is a very old thread and not required anymore I'm locking it.

Its already taken 1 casualty.

Darren

As this is a very old thread and not required anymore I'm locking it.

Its already taken 1 casualty.

Darren

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

DAZZZ! WAIT! I wann see my verbal agreement form... i don't think i'm happy either and i'm thinking of resigning!

Is there an exit interview?

I was sure I locked this thread.

Here's my second attempt.

Thread Information