Torsion Bar adjustment
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Torsion Bar adjustment

Hi can someone give me some more indepth instructions regarding adjusting the torsion bar on a 306. that would be great. i have just lowered the front with some progressive springs - 35mm, nothing too outrageous. and next weekend i am going to take my car back to my friend to do the torsion bar. any help or reference to where i can find some comprehensive instructions would be fantastic. thanks in advance.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!
    Umm I got detailed instructions on lowering the back of a 205. I'd assume the rear torsion bar would be very similar between them. If you want it I'll email it to ya, but be wary it is for a different car.

Izza

Alan wrote this too me when i asked the same thing in another thread...

The xsara is basically a 306 and the way to change the rear height is the same.
    Put the rear on stands. Remove shocks. Measure the distance from the arm to the ground. Once an offset retaining washer is removed the torsion bar will come out with a slide hammer with a 8x1.25 bolt in the end of it.For a 25 mm drop add this to the original arm height off the ground and hold the arm in this new position with a jack and move the bar around until it goes back in.
    The torsion bars has a different no. of splines each end to enable small increments in height change to be made.

Fellow Frogger!
    yeah i thought as much regarding the splines etc. theres a part on the torsion bar which has seized. are there any hints regarding accuracy as to the adjusting of the torsion bar - as i understand it can be a bit tricky getting both sides accurate. also the front is lowered 35 mm what should i lower the back to ya think? hey Izza if you could email your instructions that would be really fantastic. dniv9@hotmail.com

no rush only when you have time. thanks for your input peps!

Thread Information