205 exhaust
  • Help

Thread: 205 exhaust

Tadpole

205 exhaust

I'm looking at putting a new exhaust in my 205 gti 1.9l. I was wondering how far back to go and what type of exhaust i should get, to get value for money? Any ideas would be great, cheers.

Advertisement

The general consensus is that the standard 205gti exhaust manifold and system are about as efficent as they get.....

There's no significant improvement to be made over the stock setup (on a standard engine) by fitting after market extractors or exhaust system........infact you're more likely to lose power than anything else....
    ________
    Recall avandia
    Last edited by DTwo; 22nd August 2011 at 05:36 AM.

the manifold is good, but a bigger cat wouldn't do any harm and a straight through rear muffler might help.
    depends if you've got any other mods planned.
    visit the <a href="http://www.205gtidrivers.com" target="_blank">http://www.205gtidrivers.com</a> forum, they'll have plenty of advice.

Andreas

Tadpole
    cheers for that, i have recently bought my 205, its had a K & N and the cat taken out with a bit of pipe welded in its place. I thought exhaust might be a good place to start with mods. Where we you recommend i start spending money?

Thread Information