exhaust
  • Help

Thread: exhaust

exhaust

i have a 97'306 style and i want 2 put a exthaust system on it, i have a remus muffer and a k&n air filter (not a pot)that i have done, wood exthaust system help or wat els can i do

Advertisement
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

speak to Northshore rallysport.
    the 306 XT of theirs that used to be run in the GTP was pretty quick with limited mods.

Andreas

ive been 2 northshore rally they will do for $1400 and then i took it 2 australias best and they said not 2 put a exhaust system,because i will lose some power (thats were i got the remus)
    theres one other place in sydeny at gladsville does anyone know the number or wat its call ???
    and i will talk too then if anyone knows the number
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

have you been to hi-tech mufflers?
    one of the guys on the lsit recommends hem, i think it's ntrx.

Andreas

Fellow Frogger!
    jfn306 - I think you'll get more power with Esscargo's exhaust than replacing your muffler with a Remus one.

Australia's Best are (I think) one of the bigger Remus resellers and I'm sure they make a hefty profit out of them given the price they go for...I've seen quotes of $900 just for a muffler.

The Esscargo exhaust is a complete system with rear muffler, resonator, hi flow cat and a tuned engine pipe - with mandrel bent 2.5" piping in between.

You decide which is better value, and who might have a vested interest in bagging out other people's product.

How much extra power you'll get out of any particular system, I'm not really sure. I never believe power quotes from workshops.

My approach to modifying the exhaust for the better was to look at it on a hoist at Hi Tech mufflers, and see if there were any glaring bad points - then remove them accordingly.

I read about an Integra Type R that had a section of the exhaust that was about 4" long replaced with a higher flowing alternative (they effectively made a flange transition smoother from memory) and it gained several Kw at the wheels - all for $50.

On my car, the exhaust all looked exceptionally good with 2" mandrel bends everywhere, and no severe kinks. We replaced the cat with a higher flowing unit (mainly because the original one was totally shagged) and replaced the rear muffler with a higher flowing one. The OE muffler is a restrictive design (tri-flow) that is very quiet. The replacement muffler meant it was a little louder, but it has a nice raspy note.

When it had first been done, I was surprised with the extra surge in power from relatively minimal mods done.

Keep in mind this is on a 306 GTi-6 though. Your XSi exhaust is most likely completely different, so my suggestion is to look for any press bends in the piping, and sections of exhaust which are small in diameter. A 2" exhaust should be fine.

Lambros at Hi-Tech exhausts will be helpful, he didn't bullshit me once.

As far as what else you can do, depends how far you want to go. I think you'd get your best bang for buck to do some dyno tuning with a piggy back ECU like a Unichip and tune it for a higher RON fuel like Optimax. For alround use, I think the Peugeot 306s have quite good cams, but you can sacrifice a little driveability and low end power by getting a racier cam.

The motor will have to rev higher to make more power, and then you'll have to look at improving other aspects of the motor.

Cheers,
    Adrian

devil probably make a system for the 306. try (03) 9890 8822 and see if there is a devil ehaust for a 306. only prob for u is that its in melbourne

cheers
    jensen
    2002 Monaco Blue Renaultsport Clio 172
    1975 R1317 Renault 17 Gordini

i went 2 hi-tech today and they said they will do a new exhaust on it up 2 the cat with a new muffer on it for $760,and they will take off the remus,were can i get a ecu from

thaxs
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

The Unichip piggy-back computer is usually installed and set up on a dyno for around $1000.
    Just talk to your local dyno-dynamics operator.
    Alan.
    '56 Renault 4CV (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '82 Renault Fuego GTX
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '02 and '03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee+

sounds extremely. $750 for a cat back is rather expensive! expecially if you have a remus already.

Fellow Frogger!
    Adrian,

The northshore rallysport full exhaust system is it fabricated in stainless or mild steel press bent or maderal bends.
    If it is a manderal bent full stainless steel system that has had research & devolopment on it it is a dead bargain
    I did this type of work at home and would not be 1 cent cheaper than that
    Like you said people pay $1000 dollars for a muffler alone and end up with nothing but an improvement in sound
    dearest muffler i have seen on car was a titanium muffler with composite end tanks yours for $3000 eek!
    Yes the titanium muffler saved some weight but i would rather go on a diet myself and shed a few kilos :p mallet
    But really 1400 is a bargain (if it is fully stainless utilising manderal bends)

cheers!
    Murat

Fellow Frogger!
    Yep it's fully stainless steel and mandrel bent. It's good value, just depends on how far you want to go I guess.

Thread Information