Mi16 injector and cam specs?
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Mi16 injector and cam specs?

OUI 405 is running well but I'd like to make him run a bit better with out doing anything too wild or spending crazy amounts of cash. I save that for the duco. evil
    1. Can anyone out there help me with specs and a part number for uprated injectors for an otherwise stock 1905cc Mi16.
    2. I would also like to find out the exact procedure for dialing in (blueprinting) the cams, I know how to do this but require specs. Where can I buy offset keyways to do this. I will be in Melbourne for a few days as of tomorrow.

Advertisement
    Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten!

1. I'd contact Bosch in regards to the injectors. Remember though, changing the injectors will make it run richer everywhere. You may force the cruise mixtures outside the range of the O2 sensor, and you may loose top end power from being too rich. If yours is a series 1 XU9J4Z, I wouldn't change them, unless you're after 170hp plus.

2. In regards to the cams, you need to turn up two mild steel pins, which lock the cam pulleys into the head. A third pin, locks the crank pulley into the block. Put the belt on and tension. That's it. If you want to experiment, contact Owen Wuillemin, ojw@kings.edu.au. He has made offset keys and variable pulleys in the past. You need to advance the inlet pulley 4 crank degrees. I also know he has 2nd hand exhaust pulleys, which you can fit to the inlet, advancing it 4 degrees. I'll email you some specs.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Fellow Frogger!
    OK I've found out the UK spec model uses the same pulley on exhaust and inlet whereas the Aussie models have a different pulley on the inlet to retard inlet valve timing. This would effectively lower static compesion figures most likley due to our lower grade fuel. With 98 RON fuel now widely available fitting an exhaust pulley to the inlet cam should increase power (advance cam 2&1/2 degrees on cam/5 degrees on the crank) from 148BHP to 165BHP, so long as 98RON fuel is used. I have found the injectors are the single point pintle type (same part as UK models) I will do some more research as I believe there are gains to be made with midrange by fiting injectors with a similair flow rate (maybe up 5-10%) with mutiple nozzles. The XU9J4 has large ports causing low air velocities at low engine speeds so multiple nozzle injectors may also smooth out the idle. wink

<small>[ 24 June 2002, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: rick_b ]</small>
    Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten!

Thread Information