Mi16 Hesitation Problem
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Mi16 Hesitation Problem

Hi guys,

Finally completed my mi16 conversion (took some photos so i'll have to put em up) and given it a good run but there's a definite hesiation problem.

First off, the engine is clearly in good nick; no smoke whatsoever, starts first time and no leaks, but sometimes when I put my foot down, it's like i'm driving a 1.1 or something, then suddenly it will just go (almost like something is sticking then clears).

Advertisement

A couple of nights ago I drove it in some terrible weather and entered a large puddle at speed. Needless to say the car kind of died, but I was able to get it going again and as it dried out, the performance slowly got better.

However the next morning driving to work, the card wouldn't accelerate like it should, driving like a 1.1 all the way and back. I had a few milli-seconds of quicknes but nother permanent.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The car is a J reg 1.9 205 GTI, with a 1900 405 mi16 engine, using the motronic 405 loom and PAS.

Cheers!

Tadpole

A bit closer now as I think it's the TPS. I've disconnected the plug from it and apparenty I should get a live feed from one of the 3 wires either on idle tickover, or when I have the key turned to the last click.

Can anyone confirm this? My car basically feels like the TPS is telling the car to run at idle intermittently at causing it hold back.

Can anyone help?

Thread Information