Michelin Precedas?
  • Help

Default Michelin Precedas?

195/55/15 for my GTi6
    I can get Precedas for $205 but I hear a lot of great things about the Yoki C-Drives and they are only $180. Big difference. Every other quote for Michelins was $215-245. Revpecs have been quoted at anywhere from $215-250. I have had Yoki 509s and currently have 539s on my Cooper S (12 inch wheels) and have loved both of them. Could I ask for any recommendations before I commit this weekend?!
    Cheers

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Do a search for the 195/55/15 tyre thread, buckets loads of info there, I currently have Precedas in that size, when they were brand new I was dissapointed but once they wear a bit they are a fantastic tyre loads of grip and quiet, no hummming at all, they are expensive and when i am due for tyres next will look at another brand just to try something else... but if you have the money you will be happy... others will chip in about the Yokis..
    05' Megane 225 Cup

Tadpole

I've got the Precedas on my 205GTi and I seriously doubt you'll find a better tyre. The level of grip is Phenomenal and as far as I can tell, with my gentle driving, they display no vices.
    I sort of acted as the guinea pig for my mate with a GTi6, (not a member of this forum), you know the sort of thing: "you put 'em on your car and tell me what you think, and maybe I'll put 'em on mine"
    When I started to absolutely rave about them he though he might just take the plunge...
    I'm starting to get a bit tired of hearing about how good these tyres are and what a good tyre choice he made...
    '92 205 GTi White

Hey Mate,

I currently have 205/40/17 Pilot Preceda's on my GTI6 and Dad has 195/55/15 on his Gti6, can't find a better tyre in my book. As pugsy said, they are also the quietest tyre you can find. It is worth the extra cash as they have lasted much longer on my car than other brands. Awesome!
    Lotus Evora
    Peugeot 308 GTi 270
    Peugeot 308 GTi 250
    1966 Volvo 122s

Previous
    Clio 182 Cup, Lotus Sport 111, C4 VTS, RCZ, 205 GTi, Volvo C30 T5-R, Honda S2000, 206 GTi180, Lotus Elise 111R, 205 GTi 6, Manual 406 coupe, 306 GTi 6, 405 MI16 (twice!), 505 GR

Had the Pilot Precedas on my 306 XT, replacing the Conti Eco Contacts. I liked the Contis and got 55 000 K out of them. I finished them off at Queensland Raceway running around with a group of other Pugs. My unmodded car was quick enough to beat a new 206 180 on track times.

The Michelins hang on the well wet or dry, and are quiet but I found that they were wearing at a much greater rate. I sold the car and so did not see how long they lasted, but I would have thought maybe only 30 000K.
    '56 Renault 4CV (16TS Power)
    '62 Renault Dauphine Gordini
    '82 Renault Fuego GTX
    '89 Renault Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
    '02 and '03 Renault Clios 1.4L
    '13 Renault Megane RS265 Trophee+

Yeah thanks I've contributed to the 195/55/15 tyre thread but I wanted to bring it to people's attention again. I appreciate everyone's comments. Thanks!

c.drive isn't in the same league as the Preceda, IMO. Preceda is a very good tyre, as is the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 or the Revspec RS-02. My pick is the Revspec, actually.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

I can vouch that preceda's are kittens when you go over the limit too. No more of that old michelin "you push too 'ard and i'll kill you, you english swiine".

Only downer is a lack of on-centre feel, but it builds in a really linear fashion from there onwards. That and it means the wheel doesn't jitter around when you're driving along a straight.
    1987 205 GTI - Graphite Grey - 206k km's
    1988 MR2 Supercharger - Mica Blue - 114k km's

I got the Michelin's Pilot Precedas on all 4 corners of my '6 and like what other fellow froggers have posted, they are absolutely brilliant in the dry and super quiet on long motorway hauls. BUT, when it rains you will start to think there are better tires out there....

Don't really want to start another tyre thread, but I just wish they still have the Bridgestone's RE711 cos they are nice in both dry and wet conditions...albeit they wear out a little quicker.

Cheers
    Billy
    Stock '87 205 GTi
    Stock '98 306 GTi-6

-Memories are good only if you don't have to deal with the past.-

Thread Information