205 gti suspension findings
  • Help

Default 205 gti suspension findings

my 205 gti has konis as if you didnt know already,they are adjustable dampining.
    ive been experiencing quite a bit of wheel spin on take off latley.
    i thought it was due to the front tyres getting down on tread but as was pointed out to me on saturday by a suspension guy,due to the fact that ive put the front up a click but not the rear,its crouching at take off.
    ie the back goes down due to the front being stiffer and under load when acclerating.
    makes sense to me,ive yet to adjust the rear yet cause it involves taking one end off the bolt and ill wait till its on the hoist next.
    -BAZZ

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    my 205 gti has konis as if you didnt know already,they are adjustable dampining.
    ive been experiencing quite a bit of wheel spin on take off latley.
    i thought it was due to the front tyres getting down on tread but as was pointed out to me on saturday by a suspension guy,due to the fact that ive put the front up a click but not the rear,its crouching at take off.
    ie the back goes down due to the front being stiffer and under load when acclerating.
    makes sense to me,ive yet to adjust the rear yet cause it involves taking one end off the bolt and ill wait till its on the hoist next.
    -BAZZ
    Bazz

If you recall one of the earlier threads (was it the strut brace?) you had brought up that problem and I suggested testing a softer settings for the front. It may still be your best avenue.

Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by Thanos
    Bazz

If you recall one of the earlier threads (was it the strut brace?) you had brought up that problem and I suggested testing a softer settings for the front. It may still be your best avenue.

Thanos

YEP.EITHER SOFTER AT THE FRONT OR THE SAME SETTING ON THE REAR AS THE FRONT-,OOPS SORRY IM SHOUTING-bazz

Thread Information