404 petrol tanks
  • Help

Default 404 petrol tanks

G'day, an acquaintance up here in Sweden has had the audacity to ask me something that I don't know the answer to within a split second, only kidding.
    No, he has looked at a site, http://404peugeot.free.fr/ and on page 11 of the moteur section under reservior 1er modele and then reservior 2 modele he has located pictures of three different petrol tanks for the 404s. He wonders whether it could be so simple that the 404 kombi tanks from both the early and late models are the same as the tanks in a late model sedan? And, further, if this is an easy fix by Peugeot when putting the spare wheel in under the back there.
    He wants to be able to fit a good tank in his car I guess. I have two, one diesel and one petrol, as he knows. (Nobody seems to want to buy them and time will shortly see if they end up as a Volvo someday).

Advertisement

Anyway, does anyone have the dope on the matter?
    Phil

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Filldebin
    G'day, an acquaintance up here in Sweden has had the audacity to ask me something that I don't know the answer to within a split second, only kidding.
    No, he has looked at a site, http://404peugeot.free.fr/ and on page 11 of the moteur section under reservior 1er modele and then reservior 2 modele he has located pictures of three different petrol tanks for the 404s. He wonders whether it could be so simple that the 404 kombi tanks from both the early and late models are the same as the tanks in a late model sedan? And, further, if this is an easy fix by Peugeot when putting the spare wheel in under the back there.
    He wants to be able to fit a good tank in his car I guess. I have two, one diesel and one petrol, as he knows. (Nobody seems to want to buy them and time will shortly see if they end up as a Volvo someday).

Anyway, does anyone have the dope on the matter?
    Phil

The wagon tanks are different. shorter and deeper.
    Graham

Thanks, that is about what I thought but suddenly became a little unsure.

Phil

Thread Information