206GTi180 tires 205 40 17
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Default 206GTi180 tires 205 40 17

have been looking for a good set of tires for the car that are pretty good on the track and great in the wet.
    I was hoping to get the Falken Azenis RT615 however they are not available in the size I want.
    I can get the Pilot sport cups in Melbournewhich is high on my prefered list but they not all that good in the wet.

Has anyone got any ideas based on personal experiance. thanks.

the info is here on the forum but I cant find it.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Hi there

I didn't know they made pilot cups for this wheel size? Are you sure they were pilot cups, if so how much did they cost?

I just read the tyre comparo that was posted on the 195/55 thread and the michelin pilot precedas look very promising. That's on the top of my list.

I have also heard that pirelli p-zero nero's are finally available for the 205/40/r17 with 84 load rating making them perfect for the 180.

Toyo t1-r's are also available in the size and so are kumho ku15's which are supposed to be pretty good as well.

Cheers
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

I spoke to the michelin outlet near the tasmania ferry pier (cant remember the suburb) and they said they were available at one of their other stores(details are at work) they couldent give a price tho.

the precedas are also on the cards and am waitimg on a quote from jason at Quickfit Bowen Hills in brisbane. otherwise I will get another set of p7000 which I found to be ok for the time being
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_karma
    Hi there

I didn't know they made pilot cups for this wheel size? Are you sure they were pilot cups, if so how much did they cost?

I just read the tyre comparo that was posted on the 195/55 thread and the michelin pilot precedas look very promising. That's on the top of my list.

I have also heard that pirelli p-zero nero's are finally available for the 205/40/r17 with 84 load rating making them perfect for the 180.

Toyo t1-r's are also available in the size and so are kumho ku15's which are supposed to be pretty good as well.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by DRD180
    have been looking for a good set of tires for the car that are pretty good on the track and great in the wet.
    I was hoping to get the Falken Azenis RT615 however they are not available in the size I want.
    I can get the Pilot sport cups in Melbournewhich is high on my prefered list but they not all that good in the wet.

Just out of curosity are you not happy with the P7000's? I know there not cheap, but i manage to get them down to $260 each through bob jane.
    04' GTi 180

oh I am very happy with the P7000 but most of the places I have called dont have them. price is not an issue for me I just pay what ever it costs for a good set of tires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pug
    Just out of curosity are you not happy with the P7000's? I know there not cheap, but i manage to get them down to $260 each through bob jane.

Fellow Frogger!

I remeber a while ago some said somethign about getting p-zero nero's for about $270 each. Might be worth calling around.
    Bad_Karma

"The great philisopher Bashra once said... A flute without holes is not a flute, a donut without a hole is a danish" Ty Webb, Pro Golfer, CaddyShack

David, I suggest the Neros. Forget about Precedas - 180 owners I know say they aren't as good as the P7000. Pilot Sport/Cup will be expensive and have bugger all life, but should provide a hell of a lot of grip.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Polo Green '01 406 Coupe (5spd Man)
    Tuscany Green '00 206 GTi (Croaked!)

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

thanks, Just got a price on the neros $312 from spinning wheels in Woolloomooloo so they are checking stock for me now.

Quote Originally Posted by kermit
    David, I suggest the Neros. Forget about Precedas - 180 owners I know say they aren't as good as the P7000. Pilot Sport/Cup will be expensive and have bugger all life, but should provide a hell of a lot of grip.

Is 84 the min load rating, as Goodyear has the Revspec in the 180's size - they're quite a good tyre going by recent reports - a little higher spec than the GS-D3 which is the 206 list's favourite tyre

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    Is 84 the min load rating
    84W for the 180.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

The Neros are pretty good David - I've had mine since July, although to be fair I haven't experienced much in the way of wet weather since then.

They definitely handle better in the dry than the P7000s did.

What about the new A-drive? That comes in the right load rating, I've read. I haven't read any reports on it, mind you.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Default Yokohama A-Drive

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    What about the new A-drive?
    Correct size and load rating for 180 and 16" 138s.
    http://www.yokohama.com.au/tyres/TyreSizes.asp?TyreID=82

More info here:
    http://www.yokohamatire.in.th/tire_model/a_drive_r1.html
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

when i called up about the neros they did not mention the load rating, but on some of the other tires I enquired about ther advised not to fit them due to the load rating. Is it possible that they now come in the correct rating??

thanks for the links Kermit, I will have a closer look at them in the morning. havent had good luck in the past with yokos so I over looked them. they look good tho.

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206
    The Neros are pretty good David - I've had mine since July, although to be fair I haven't experienced much in the way of wet weather since then.

They definitely handle better in the dry than the P7000s did.

What about the new A-drive? That comes in the right load rating, I've read. I haven't read any reports on it, mind you.

Hey DRD180,

I very highly recommend the Michelin Pilot Preceda's. I have just bought 2 more for 205/40/17 for $540 fitted and balanced. Most places were quoting about $300 each, Tuggeranong Tyrepower turned out to be the cheapest (probably no good to you unless you get them done while you are in Canberra).

Have tried Pirelli's, Yokohama's, BF Goodrich etc. I definately rate the Michelin's highest in every way (especially lack of road noise!). Yoko's wore out on my Mi16 in 6000k's, gripped ok in the dry. Pirelli's seemed to screech heaps on the Mi16. 215/40/17 BF Goodrich great in the wet, last reasonable amount of time, but get worse as they wear out and are noisier on the road.

The only downside of the Michelin is the look, they look pretty boring, but that's not why I buy a tyre!

Good luck.
    Lotus Evora
    Peugeot 308 GTi
    1966 Volvo 122s
    Clio Sport Cup 182

Previous
    Lotus Sport 111, C4 VTS, RCZ, 205 GTi, Volvo C30 T5-R, Honda S2000, 206 GTi180, Lotus Elise 111R, 205 GTi 6, Manual 406 coupe, 306 GTi 6, 405 MI16 (twice!), 505 GR

Fellow Frogger!

I myself am contemplating either getting precedas or nero's (leaning towards the precedas the more I think about it). The wheels magazine tyre comparo had the preceda's come out almost in the top 3 for every test. As for the revspecs the closest they come is "205/40R17 80W REVSPEC RS-02 GY" so they look like they are out unless someone has managed to get their hands on 84 weight loading one's.
    Bad_Karma

Default little help

YOKOHAMA A539 THATS ALL
    get it then try wet and dry l had then l ve done lots kms and speed control is best l prefer YOKOHAMA

will check in the morning as to the load rating of the current nero's and if they not correct then it is definatly the Precedas. will give tyrepower a call in the morning. canberra is just a stones throw from sydney so its no drama to drive down there to pick them up there if they in stock.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGTi_6
    Hey DRD180,

I very highly recommend the Michelin Pilot Preceda's. I have just bought 2 more for 205/40/17 for $540 fitted and balanced. Most places were quoting about $300 each, Tuggeranong Tyrepower turned out to be the cheapest (probably no good to you unless you get them done while you are in Canberra).

Have tried Pirelli's, Yokohama's, BF Goodrich etc. I definately rate the Michelin's highest in every way (especially lack of road noise!). Yoko's wore out on my Mi16 in 6000k's, gripped ok in the dry. Pirelli's seemed to screech heaps on the Mi16. 215/40/17 BF Goodrich great in the wet, last reasonable amount of time, but get worse as they wear out and are noisier on the road.

The only downside of the Michelin is the look, they look pretty boring, but that's not why I buy a tyre!

Good luck.

Is it possible that they now come in the correct rating??

thanks for the links Kermit, I will have a closer look at them in the morning. havent had good luck in the past with yokos so I over looked them. they look good tho.
    The Neros are available in an 84W. I was very happy with the C-Drive on Kermit before croaking, but these aren't the sort of tyre to put on a 180. I gather the A-Drive are though. I'm going to replace the Michy MXMs (not a great tyre - not much grip in the wet) on the Coupe with the Yoko db (V550) very soon.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

from what i read, the yoko's are pretty good but I lean towards the neros cos of the stiff side wall. but it still depends on who can get the tires in first. nero's and pilots seem to be sitting at the top of the list, the pilots get great reports from a few of the other aussie forums. a-drives are they new? not much mention of them in other small car forums.

The Neros are available in an 84W. I was very happy with the C-Drive on Kermit before croaking, but these aren't the sort of tyre to put on a 180. I gather the A-Drive are though. I'm going to replace the Michy MXMs (not a great tyre - not much grip in the wet) on the Coupe with the Yoko db (V550) very soon.

a-drives are they new? not much mention of them in other small car forums.
    Yep, brand new. Trouble with tyres, unless you get to drive the same car as your own that happens to be fitted with different tyres, then it is always a gamble. I didn't get to try the C-Drives before purchase as they were also new to the market, so I took the gamble and it paid off. They were a great tyre for my needs.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

on that note I think I will have a closer look at them before I count them out. still got 1 week b4 I need to have new shoes fitted
    Yep, brand new. Trouble with tyres, unless you get to drive the same car as your own that happens to be fitted with different tyres, then it is always a gamble. I didn't get to try the C-Drives before purchase as they were also new to the market, so I took the gamble and it paid off. They were a great tyre for my needs.

still got 1 week b4 I need to have new shoes fitted
    Need new tyres for rego, David?
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

no, there are a few drive days coming up in canberra, melb and south sydney . prefer to have good rubber for them as the old P7000 are past the wear limits.
    Need new tyres for rego, David?

prefer to have good rubber for them as the old P7000 are past the wear limits.
    Only a problem it wet conditions.
    Cheers Simon
    >8-]

Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

My Flickr Photos

206gti.net
    peugeot-206gti
    peugeot-307
    peugeot-407
    peugeotclub.asn.au

Toyo proxes t1r seem to be quite good IMO.
    But they dont feel as good as rt215's

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information