Engine Info.
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Engine Info.

Default Engine Info.

I was wondering if someone has knowledge of a specific Renault motor, F3N 704? I'm curious what the displacement is and where these motors come from. Any info anyone has on these would help out.

Advertisement

Thanks.

http://www.enker.com/images/SPC-99-00.pdf heres a link with engine codes for renault try it
    Last edited by vtspaddy; 8th November 2005 at 09:17 AM.

Thanks. It looks like an Alliance motor. I don't know that it'll help me much, I found some on ebay and thought it might replace an 1108 in a R8 for a bit more punch, but I don't know how easy it'd be to switch out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordinowitz
    Thanks. It looks like an Alliance motor. I don't know that it'll help me much, I found some on ebay and thought it might replace an 1108 in a R8 for a bit more punch, but I don't know how easy it'd be to switch out.
    Mmmmm interesting option gordinowitz? I haven't heard of any being done that way.
    You could mount the motor/box combo with the upper and lower wishbones ala R5 turbo 1 & 2 rear and be a pioneer Would make a quick R8 track car, but road-registering may-be a hassle.
    Are there many R16's left in the US?
    A well sorted 1300 would be good enough, no hassle breaking gearboxes in the 8 either.
    2016 Renault Sport Clio Cup EDC 200

Previous

2001 Rx-4 Privilege
    R17TL, 1973
    R20TS x 3
    R18 GTS wagon x 2
    R10

"When you hit the tree between the headlights thats understeer. Oversteer is when you hit the tree between the Tail Lights" - Wayne Bell

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Gordinowitz

The Appliance was farr from being a tarmac-burner if you know what I mean.

JL

I am sure that this engine will fit the R8/R10 box. I had one of them and it was in a R9. Same as the R11. The gearboxes was interchangeable between the 1400 and 1700 motors although the ratios wasn't always suitable.
    It wasn't a tarmac burner but it had plenty torque and very driveable. Then again it can be made to be a tarmac burner. It was due to the cam that you had more torque than HP and things like that is minor obstacles.
    A few mods will be needed with exhaust and rad hoses etc. and don't forget to get a bush for the spigot shaft because the East/West motors hasn't got it, and when you fit it in line, it must be in.
    Frans
    Old enough to know better
    Young enough to do it anyway.

Thread Information