AFM, k+n, accelerator cable - 205
  • Register
  • Help
    al

Default AFM, k+n, accelerator cable - 205

I'm finally getting serious, and have set this week aside to make some progress on the poor car.

Firstly, what is involved in getting a AFM rebuilt/retracked? (whatever it is that people do to them) I'm thinking that it is probably worth doing now, just so there is one less thing to pose problems later.

Also, getting one of the K+N filter things gets rid of all the standard intake doesn't it? I rememer jason was running one on this engine before and it looked much tidier... Anyway, where should i go to get one, and how much?

Advertisement

Does using one of these filters get rid of any of the billions of hoses that seem to live in that corner, or does it just have places for them to hook up?

And my garage system seems to have failed me as i have lost the things that go on the end of the accelerator cable. (or they weren't there before) I don't have the wire clip, or the grommet which i believe should reside there. What actually goes on the end of the cable?

Thanks heaps for any help guys... Sorry about all the questions.
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Hi Al

See attached photo for layout of throttle cable. The end of the cable should have a small cylindrical bit crimped on. The cable goes around the groove on and sits in the hole. If you want more photos pm me your email.
    BTW when do you want to do gearbox. Tomorrow or tuesday are good for me.

Jarrod
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AFM, k+n, accelerator cable - 205-throttle-body.jpg  

al

Quote Originally Posted by jarrods
    Hi Al

See attached photo for layout of throttle cable. The end of the cable should have a small cylindrical bit crimped on. The cable goes around the groove on and sits in the hole. If you want more photos pm me your email.
    BTW when do you want to do gearbox. Tomorrow or tuesday are good for me.

Jarrod
    Thanks jarrod, that pic is very useful.

As for the box, tomorrow would be fantastic. If that was back on the shafts can go back in and i roll it out and get some other things done. Any time at all is fine by me - perhaps just let me know if you are coming? Thanks a million...
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by al
    I'm finally getting serious, and have set this week aside to make some progress on the poor car.

Firstly, what is involved in getting a AFM rebuilt/retracked? (whatever it is that people do to them) I'm thinking that it is probably worth doing now, just so there is one less thing to pose problems later.

Also, getting one of the K+N filter things gets rid of all the standard intake doesn't it? I rememer jason was running one on this engine before and it looked much tidier... Anyway, where should i go to get one, and how much?

Does using one of these filters get rid of any of the billions of hoses that seem to live in that corner, or does it just have places for them to hook up?

And my garage system seems to have failed me as i have lost the things that go on the end of the accelerator cable. (or they weren't there before) I don't have the wire clip, or the grommet which i believe should reside there. What actually goes on the end of the cable?

Thanks heaps for any help guys... Sorry about all the questions.

al,there is a couple of different set-ups that can be done as far as the air intake is concerened but apparently they really dont do that much but do sound good.[debateble]
    1-you either pop a pod on the intake of the a.f.m getting rid of the air filter box,the long hose that goes to the grill and the bent one from air filter box to a.f.m.
    2-i reckon the best one though,is the one that goes straight out the throttle body to a straight hose to the afm and a straight hose to a pod which sists in front of the battery behind the headlight. simsilar to the mi 16?
    when the hoses are taken away,there is enough room.
    in no 1 example the problem is the air intake is exposed to engine heat as the motor is very close to the intake pod.
    in no 2,the intake is behind the headlight ,away from the hot air from the motor.
    some people drill holes in the inside metal guard for more cold air flow.
    k and n pod is over $100 bucks i think
    -BAZZ
    as we all know cold air is the go.

Thread Information