306 S16 - power probs....
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 306 S16 - power probs....

OK........... after hours of research in archives, i have located the first of the 2 problems i have with my new little pug (both diaphragms on inlet manifold are working, however i suspect faulty solenoid, due to intermittent operation, and huge difference in the power delivery, when they work - thanks heaps, will replace it tomorrow........)

Secondly, (still unsolved) a rattle in the exhaust (suspected up high, and close to engine).

In one of the threads, someone touches on a manifold gadget altering the length - is this some sort of flap system that can break, or come apart? Can anyone elaborate on the factory exhaust manifold, any internal gadgets, or other possible rattles which may appear as a result of something already experienced.

The car is a 95 306 S16.

Advertisement

Other than these things, i've had it for just over a week, and absolutely love it. Cant get away from it, constantly in the garage........

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gee-tee-eye
    In one of the threads, someone touches on a manifold gadget altering the length - is this some sort of flap system that can break, or come apart? Can anyone elaborate on the factory exhaust manifold, any internal gadgets, or other possible rattles which may appear as a result of something already experienced.........
    That's referring to the inlet manifold, not the exhaust. Those diaphragms you referred to are part of the mechanism that alters the inlet manifold effective length.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Thread Information