Where does it go...
  • Register
  • Help
    al

Default Where does it go...

In attempting to reconnect the loom this arvo i have realised that i can't remember where a couple of things go...

Most pressing are a two little plugs that are on the same bit as the alternator and the oil things on the front of the block... ummm, is that too vague? Are there wiring diagrams anywhere that illustrate this? (i can't find the haynes atm)

Also, where does the hose from the vacumn advance go?

Advertisement

Any help would be good as i don't particularly want to get this wrong...

Also, what course does the accelerator cable take? Does it go above/below the fuel filter, and above/under the top engine mount? I would imagine it would be under both, but i just wanted to check.
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by al
    In attempting to reconnect the loom this arvo i have realised that i can't remember where a couple of things go...

Most pressing are a two little plugs that are on the same bit as the alternator and the oil things on the front of the block... ummm, is that too vague? Are there wiring diagrams anywhere that illustrate this? (i can't find the haynes atm)

Also, what course does the accelerator cable take? Does it go above/below the fuel filter, and above/under the top engine mount? I would imagine it would be under both, but i just wanted to check.

one wire goes to the oil pressure sender and one to the oil level sender. i think. two wires also go to the ac condenser thingy below the altenator. not sure off the top of my head about the rest tho
    French - 92 205mi16, 87 205gti and spares
    Other - Amarok V6, Iveco Daily 50C17, Isuzu 600

Hi Al

Vacuum advance goes onto the small outlet under the throttle body on the engine side. On mine there is also one on the front side but this is blanked off.

The acc cable runs over the fuel filter and top engine mount and under inlet manifold.

The two wires near the alternator goe to the sensors on the block just behind the alternator. Do you have the numbers on these wires?

Do you want to put the gearbox in tomorrow night? I can come around about 8.00pm if you like.

Jarrod

al

Quote Originally Posted by jarrods
    Vacuum advance goes onto the small outlet under the throttle body on the engine side. On mine there is also one on the front side but this is blanked off.
    That's good. I thought it must go to the TB, and i do have the other hose so i will try and work that out too...

The two wires near the alternator goe to the sensors on the block just behind the alternator. Do you have the numbers on these wires?
    I marked the sensors on the block, so these two must be for something else. I have already got the alternator and sensors plugged in, so perhaps the aircon? That would be fairly close if i hadn't removed it... I will have a look later anyway.

Do you want to put the gearbox in tomorrow night? I can come around about 8.00pm if you like.
    I said i would catch up with stonefrees band tomorrow, but sometime good would be excellent. Whenever suits you is fine.
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by al

mate i told you if you get stuck to ring me and you can look at mine for help,its only a phone call away.-BAZZ

al

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    mate i told you if you get stuck to ring me and you can look at mine for help,its only a phone call away.-BAZZ
    Cheers Baz, you may be getting a call.

Also, which way around is the SAD supposed to be? It the electrical plug thing on the firewall or radiator side? (does it matter) And just confirming this, but one hose goes to the bottom of the inlet, and the other goes to the back bottom corner of the block doesn't it?
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

my cold start sits perpendicular with the car.
    the s.a.d faces the passenger side of the car and is very accesable once you take off the dizzy cap. in other words it faces the coil.
    hope this helps.-BAZZ

as far as wich hose fits which way ,id have to look.
    -BAZZ

Thread Information