306 strut braces
  • Register
  • Help

Default 306 strut braces

howdy all.
    i was on the OMP web site and found that there is the typical upper strut brace. on ebay they are going for approx. $130 from the uk not delivered. the whiteline jobs are approx. $220.
    also another brace i saw was the lower front brace. im guessing it would bolt to the subframe but that is a big chunk of metal so why would it need more bracing. but i guess it was made for a reason and any bit of stiffness helps. has anyone bought and fitted these two braces and did they notice a genuine stiffness? if so, who did they buy from over sea's and did they have any troubles doing so.
    just doesnt seem worth payn the extra money for a whiteline brace when omp is cheaper and looks better!

Advertisement
    i speed up for round abouts,corners and chikanes

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by flyNxsi
    howdy all.
    i was on the OMP web site and found that there is the typical upper strut brace. on ebay they are going for approx. $130 from the uk not delivered. the whiteline jobs are approx. $220.
    also another brace i saw was the lower front brace. im guessing it would bolt to the subframe but that is a big chunk of metal so why would it need more bracing. but i guess it was made for a reason and any bit of stiffness helps. has anyone bought and fitted these two braces and did they notice a genuine stiffness? if so, who did they buy from over sea's and did they have any troubles doing so.
    just doesnt seem worth payn the extra money for a whiteline brace when omp is cheaper and looks better!
    They are quite effective, you will not believe the difference! I would get both, but if you only get one, the lower makes the biggest difference.

As for sourcing, if I have a choice I will pay a reasonable premium for a product I can see and touch.

I got an upper OMP, has worked fine for seven years. The lower one is Sparco.

Good luck

Thanos

Ants

i too have an OMP one, and its fantastic. no complaints at all....all praise

i havent seen the whiteline ones in action so i cant comment, but based on my experience with OMP, id go with that, because, i cant see how spending $100 more on a whiteline one would be worth the money.

OMP brace here too
    I found the car to turn in much better esp on low speed corners.

I hardly think there will be much difference with a Whiteline and OMP so go with whatever is cheaper

PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

I just got a reply from the suplier in england. they said $141 delivery.
    thats all they said,even though i askd for prices on both parts. how frigin lazy are those poms!
    The oz guys,did you'se buy youre braces locally?
    Thanos-i was thinkn the same thats why i put up the post,to see if was worth buying somthn across the world that mite not turn up or get the local uglier item that kinda equates to the same price when shiping is split between the 2 items.
    I had a n13 1990 pulsar before and a brace made a huge difference but asked if it worked anyways thinkn that the pug would be built better and stronger. good can always be better i guess...
    i speed up for round abouts,corners and chikanes

different brands are worth checking out for the following reasons.
    i own a 205 gti and have a sparco strut brace which was nearly 100 bucks more than the omp.
    however ,ive seen reports that the omp wont fit on the 205 without a bit of bending to the brace bar.
    id rather pay more for the right product than less for something that you have to comprimise with.
    im sure the bent braces would not work properly and the bend will be the weakest point.
    just check to make sure that another person has not had any trouble fitting theirs.
    good luck-BAZZ

Icon3 strut braces!!!

bending strut braces is a bad option!!! its kinda counter productive really!!!

a friend of mine has a compnay that makes performance products for Volvo's and is looking to branch out into other makes - what we are after is some help with availability of differnet cars to get measurements etc to help to supply the French car market with some high quality locally made performance gear!!

his website is here:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/ashda...vs/index2.html

is anyone is interested in getting there car used as a "guinea pig" please PM me and we can arrange a time to meet up with Ash and get it arranged. (we are in the northern subs of melb)

i'd offer but i'm in nz

Tadpole

Hint. I use on my Xsara combination of adjustable upper strurbrace SANDTLER (full analog of OMP) and rally's defence (don't knoy exact english term) of engine. This metal thing works like lower strutbrace and much chiper.

Thread Information