Front Shocks for S1 Mi16
  • Register
  • Help

Icon5 Front Shocks for S1 Mi16

Hi there,

The front shocks on my Mi16 are on the way out so i need to start to think about what i want to replace them with. I'm looking for something with a bit more individual wheel control than the standard items as i find that when its in the power band the wheels tend to skip over bumps, expansions joints, etc...

Not really interested in lowering it or stiffening the front end if its going to have an adverse affect on the ride quality, but this may prove to be unavoidable if i want better wheel control.

Advertisement

Haven't really decided on budget because i don't know whats available , but probably no more than $300-400 a corner.

Any words of advice or personal experiences would be great!!!

Cheers

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMi16
    Hi there,

The front shocks on my Mi16 are on the way out so i need to start to think about what i want to replace them with. I'm looking for something with a bit more individual wheel control than the standard items as i find that when its in the power band the wheels tend to skip over bumps, expansions joints, etc...

Not really interested in lowering it or stiffening the front end if its going to have an adverse affect on the ride quality, but this may prove to be unavoidable if i want better wheel control.

Haven't really decided on budget because i don't know whats available , but probably no more than $300-400 a corner.

Any words of advice or personal experiences would be great!!!

Cheers
    I replaced the front shocks in my old Mi16 last year. I was wanting to go koni's or something similiar but ended up going for the std part. I think it was a great idea too as the feel was still good and it wasn't any harsher than before. I was also running bigger wheels with low profile tyres and this made it stiff enough as it was. Price was good too.

Dave
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

VIP Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by David Shearer
    I replaced the front shocks in my old Mi16 last year. I was wanting to go koni's or something similiar but ended up going for the std part. I think it was a great idea too as the feel was still good and it wasn't any harsher than before. I was also running bigger wheels with low profile tyres and this made it stiff enough as it was. Price was good too.

Dave
    Does anyone know whether standard Peugeot made shockers are available for 205 GTis and the price?
    My GTi with Peugeot shockers (and of course stiffer springs and roll bars) rides better than my Si with Sachs but the time must come for replacements.
    Graham

Howdy,

My shocks have gone, but so have all my bushes. Anyone know of a rough price to get OEM stuff all round (front and back) assuming there has been no damage.
    I understand this is a stab in the dark but any figure would help heaps.

Cheers
    Owen
    "Hurray I'm useful, I am having a wonderful time." Dr Zoidberg

'91 Peugeot Mi16

approx. 5 yrs ago it cost me approx. $600 to completely renew the front end of an Mi16 with OEM parts - shocks, rubbers, bushes etc.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Cal

I used standard shocks on the front with Eibach springs and put Koni yellows on the rear. I find that combo to be excellent.

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

Thread Information