extractors
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: extractors

Default extractors

Seen a few of the GTi6 factory headers, and have drooled at the knowledge that they bolt straight onto my 2 litre 406. But, they are stupidly expensive... Anyone got any ideas of how much it would cost to get some replicas made up?

Advertisement
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon
    Seen a few of the GTi6 factory headers, and have drooled at the knowledge that they bolt straight onto my 2 litre 406. But, they are stupidly expensive... Anyone got any ideas of how much it would cost to get some replicas made up?
    They cost 400 euros (AUS$650) in Greece, custom-made out of stainless, much better than factory and they last forever. Their exhaust and header system adds around 12 hp on motors similar to yours (dyno figures, not accessories shop sales BS). If you are concerned about RHD clearance with their design, they can duplicate whatever you want.
    Shipping shouldn't be too bad, and they will work with you on customs fees. They take credit cards, let me know if you need contact information. I can also send you some photos of the headers they made for my 504 coupe, 505 STI and 106 Rallye if you send me your email address. The files are too big to upload here.
    Thanos
    Last edited by Thanos; 8th September 2005 at 08:40 PM.

About $700, as when I had mine i took em to a few exhaust shops, some didn't say exactly how much others said way too much, but most at the $700>$800 mark. This was about 2 years ago. - Chris
    ... ptui!

Do it! and then get a 2nd set made up with an 8 outlet flange...for my car

Quote Originally Posted by Haakon
    Couldn't you just buy a set of second hand Mi16 headers? I thought they shared the same flange size and shape. Much like all Pug headers, they're a work of art.

Quote Originally Posted by 505 to the max
    Couldn't you just buy a set of second hand Mi16 headers? I thought they shared the same flange size and shape. Much like all Pug headers, they're a work of art.
    Mi16's use a cast manifold... not tuned length... and xu9j4 and xu10j4 both an 8 hole flange plate... whereas the gti6 hase a 4 hole flange plate.

Thread Information