Spoked wheels
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Spoked wheels

Default Spoked wheels

Is there any one out there who knows some one who can re-spoke car rims.

Sydney area if possible.

Advertisement

Thanks....
    /// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90
    Sacred cows make the best hamburger mince.
    If you run, you only die tired

Yes, there is a place called the spoke wheel center and he repairs or custom builds wire/spoked wheels. You might have to google, or do a yellow pages but I know he does exsist.
    I helped a family friend rebuild and modify his 62' 4-door Chev Bel-Air and he wanted "1000spoke" (brand name) wheels, so we found those guys whilst searching. - Chris
    ... ptui!

1000+ Posts

Dont lie Chris, they were for the Kart werent they?

Did you dump it as well?

Quote Originally Posted by nate
    Dont lie Chris, they were for the Kart werent they?

Did you dump it as well?
    Yeah its on "showtime" hydraulics, I can 3 wheel, pancake, bounce front and or back, side to sides. Soon ill have rams big enought do round the worlds....
    noffin like hitting switches, biotch!!
    BTW the bel-air rides on 20" 1000 spoke genuine knock-offs, is kandy apple burgundy, tweed and leather interior, worked 350Chev with roller heads & big ass holley. Full new electric harnesss, showtime rear lights, front lens covers and custom body works mouldings. It cruises slow and low, with MKVELI number plates to finish off the legendary DRIVBY.... - Chris

ps.. sike!!!
    ... ptui!

Morton and May might... You could try to get a reference from Jonathan Houston (Vintage Motor Garage) as to who they use - but he tends to not reveal subbies.

Unfortunately, it's another dying trade. You could also try the motorcycle wheel repairers. P&L Performance Cycles in Toongabbie might be able to recommend someone; they do a lot of the gangs' repair work and you don't mess with them

I suspect it will be darned expensive no matter what you do. If it's for a US stud pattern vehicle, and a non-special rim (say, just a Caddy style unit) then you can import new ones for pretty low prices from Wheel Vintiques.

Anyone in NZ? Sometimes you have to look further afield. Especially in the South Island, some of these niche businesses are surviving a little better.

Either way, I am interested in your findings, as have five for my 1927 Singer project needing rebuild.

Regards, Adam.

YYeah its on "showtime" hydraulics, I can 3 wheel, pancake, bounce front and or back, side to sides. Soon ill have rams big enought do round the worlds....
    BTW the bel-air rides on 20" 1000 spoke genuine knock-offs, is kandy apple burgundy, tweed and leather interior, worked 350Chev with roller heads & big ass holley. Full new electric harnesss, showtime rear lights, front lens covers and custom body works mouldings. It cruises slow and low, with MKVELI number plates to finish off the legendary DRIVBY.... - Chris

ps.. sike!!!
    God Damn...this car sounds hot. PICS NOW OR ILL GET YOU BANNED
    PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

al

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma

Sydney area if possible.

Thanks....
    Shouldn't be too hard to find someone... I have a few companies that have re-spoked the wire wheels on one of our cars, but unfortunately they are all in Melb.

Just make sure the people that do it are reputable... (we had a wheel that was apparently fixed lose a couple of spokes at 110kph...)
    405 Mi16 - Sold - Now back
    205 Mi16
    505 GTi

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by CHRI'S16
    Yeah its on "showtime" hydraulics, I can 3 wheel, pancake, bounce front and or back, side to sides. Soon ill have rams big enought do round the worlds....

ps.. sike!!!
    got any pics, either the car or some hot spanish chicks

Alex and immy, i should clarify. The part about hydroulics was just a bit of a larf , but the Bel-air is for real.
    I can't post pictures as I don't own a digital camera. The other problem is the car is off the road as it has brake bias problems...
    I will try to take pics soon but you will have to be a little patient. - Chris

ps,... make em bounce! As for hot spanish chicks, google this> bella da semana ....and then send all $$$ gratuity to me you little punks!
    Last edited by CHRI'S16; 8th September 2005 at 09:53 AM.
    ... ptui!

I get my MG's wheels done here:

Superior Spokes

41 Pandora St Greenacre 2190
    (02) 9642 5838
    '02 Renaultsport Clio
    '69 MGB Mk II (Group S race car)

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by addo View Post

Either way, I am interested in your findings, as have five for my 1927 Singer project needing rebuild.

Regards, Adam.
    G'day Addo,
    how is the rebuild going ?
    regards,
    Les W.

206 GTi 180
    the stealth Pug
    Did I do anything last night that suggested I was sane?

Fellow Frogger!

Default spoked wheels

This only if you can't find something in Sydney, but Neway in Melbourne are good and do a lot of Vintage wire wheels. They did my austin seven years ago and did it well and have also provided good service for me recently with 404 restoration

Prices are fair - not give-away, but no ripoff

Neway wheels
    11 Beatrice Ave
    West Heidelberg
    Vic 3081
    9457 3141

Also have contacts for guy who does motor bike wires very well and who may do cars, but he is in Melbourne as well. He does excellent job but is often slow ( overloaded and obsessive about getting things right ). PM if you need these details ( He currently doing Norton P11 for no 1 son and we don't need him getting swamped!!)

Good luck

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma View Post

Sydney area if possible.

Thanks....

3812 days between posts......is this a record!

That particular car is now long gone....After extensive bit by bit resto...it was discovered that there was more Plastibond in the main structural components and firewalls, than steel, (a complete body change was contemplated)....
    The final straw was the expiry of the motor.... in a drawn out noisy, smoke filled death rattle that resulted in a very broken up block...no salvageable parts apart from a few nuts and bolts, now in the general BMC/Landrover odd bits bucket...
    /// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90

1000+ Posts

Icon12

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
    3812 days between posts......is this a record!

That particular car is now long gone....After extensive bit by bit resto...it was discovered that there was more Plastibond in the main structural components and firewalls, than steel, (a complete body change was contemplated)....
    The final straw was the expiry of the motor.... in a drawn out noisy, smoke filled death rattle that resulted in a very broken up block...no salvageable parts apart from a few nuts and bolts, now in the general BMC/Landrover odd bits bucket...
    Hah, I'd say a need to call Ghostbusters...

I cant remember any other post that has been resurrected after laying latent for so long...

And yes ADDO...how is the Singer project????
    /// 1986 SII 505 GTI
    2003 T5 307 HDI
    2013 LandRover90

Thread Information