Intake manifold/plenum
  • Register
  • Help

Default Intake manifold/plenum

What do you guy's thing of this?
    CNC machined flange, runners & base plate with hydroformed plenum, "O" ring seals.

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Intake manifold/plenum-plenum-small.jpg   Intake manifold/plenum-plenum-small-4.jpg   Intake manifold/plenum-plenum-small2.jpg  

Is it adjustable in volume, path, venturi if any etc? Any benefits over OEM? (apart from the shine...lol?)
    How much is it, is it for a GTi-6? - Chris
    ... ptui!

Default Intake plenum

No it is not adjustable. As for advantages over stock, in the case of forced induction there is a substantial gain. With NA , I would expect any gains to be minimal. However at the moment we are concentrating on the forced induction market.
    We are looking at the possibility of doing a Quad throttle body setup for NA cars depending on whether there is a good market for them.
    As a guide this manifold will retail for approx $1400.
    One advantage these have over any OEM manifold is that the flange can be bolted to the head separately which enables easy and accurate port matching.
    This one is for the Mitsubish 4G63 Evo engine. They can be made for any engine providing they are done in viable numbers (10-15).

Cool... nice work. I can't see many customers or AF'rs wanting some; the OEM unit on the Gti-6 works pretty well. Its a little too shiny for my taste but the quality seems evident.
    Also forced induction is not really the first choice most of us have gone for in AF, there has been a couple but not a GTi-6 as of yet to my knowledge.
    But perhaps you could show us the way!! we'd be all backing you in spirit!.. - Chris
    ... ptui!

Make me an exhaust manifold, intercooler piping and intake plenum and i'll turbocharge my car

Seriously though, I'd be interested to have a look at what you can do in terms of quad throttle bodies for xu10j4's

Thread Information