PRV performance
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: PRV performance

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Default PRV performance

well after fitting the new bosch super4's today and putting water in the bottle for the water injection the car performed very well

i did notice a drop in power on the return trip home though and when i lifted the bonnet to check i found that i had used all the water in the bottle and i estimated that i had lost around 10-15hp on the way home

after topping up with water again to check to make sure it wasn't my imagination the power was back up again

Advertisement

amazing what a little bit of water can do

with the new plugs in the car seems to idle better althouth the old plugs weren't that old and when i pulled them out and checked each cylinder was performing well and the plugs were a perfect colour

i generally pull the plugs and check them every 1k km's just to make sure everything is running right

i know it's a little overkill to keep check on it but at least i know what is going on internally

when it hits 10k i'll do a comp test as well

when i built the engine i had trouble keeping the guage in the plug holes due to the amount of pressure there was in the engine but even then i was getting readings of 220 across the board

be interesting to see what the readings are at 10k as standard 604 engines are around 180 when new and drop to around 140-150 when run in but seeing as i'm not running standard rings it will be interesting

one thing though i know it was pretty cool when i was outside checking everything at around 10pm oh the joys of working 3 jobs
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Default PRV Performance

When the water runs out you are sucking air, equivalent to a vacuum leak, so performance will suffer. Pretty good guesser at how much power a horse has?
    cheers
    Mike
    Armageddon was yesterday
    Today we have a problem

2000 406 Hdi X 3
    2003 307 Hdi

Thread Information