205 gti k and n air filter
  • Register
  • Help

Default 205 gti k and n air filter

i was looking at the k and n air filter replacments today and was wondering if anybody runs one of these in their 205 gti.
    not the pod air filter set up replacment but the replacment filters that go in the existing air filter setup,
    the reason im asking is that their warrantied for i million miles.
    but they are over 100 bucks.
    it would have to outlast 4-5 oe replacments at that price,
    i know you can wash them out when they get dirty which is good but was also wondering about any noticable performance improvements with the replacment filter.
    you can also wash out the oe filters too aparently.
    -BAZZ

Advertisement

i got myself a Green Cotton airfilter about a week ago... cheaper than a K&N panel filter from Autobarn too.

as long as you clean, and spray it with the "special spray" every so often... they will last ages and ages.

i noticed a decent improvement with mine, revs were easier to get. but thats probably because my old filter was shagged and i did a hektik cold air intake mod at the same time!
    2013 Megane RS 265 Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by DejaVu

as long as you clean, and spray it with the "special spray" every so often... they will last ages and ages.

i noticed a decent improvement with mine, revs were easier to get
    Me too (K & N filter replacement).
    For $80 u can have mine and the Recharger service pack (two K & N bottles - air filter oil and cleaner) that I bought separately. It;s done 9000 kms.
    Present: 406 petrol 2.0 turbo 97(GB Import), 205 gti 1.9 89, Yamaha TZR250 3xv 93 (Jap Import)

Past: 205 gti 1.6 1988 (Singpr Import), Citroen 1.9 BX16valve, 405 1.9 mi16, 405 2.0 mi16,
    205 si 93, Mini GT, Datsun SSS x3, Dodge Ram, kingswood, Yamaha TZR250 2ma x2

Hey mate...You've left your Barina's lights on

Thread Information