Eiback spring issues....
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Eibach spring issues....

Hey all....

Advertisement

Has anyone else had eiback lowered springs fitted to their 306'es and it hasnt dropped the car that much?

I was quoted 30mm drop, and the car has dropped 15mm on the front, and i spline on the rear sent it down 40mm... so it looks kinda stupid....

Anyone else had this with eibach's?
    Last edited by Kyle; 9th August 2005 at 07:54 PM.

Yeh dude its pretty gay. I have the Eibach Pro Kit and it still rides too high.
    Im going to get my reset to sit lower.

This is how it sits with the Eibach
    http://forums.eurocca.net/attachment...tid=5953&stc=1

This is how it used to sit with the Apex springs
    http://forums.eurocca.net/attachment...tid=5952&stc=1

http://forums.eurocca.net/attachment...tid=5954&stc=1
    PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

The guys that did it all for me are sending them back to eibach, getting another set from them and sending them to king springs to use as a template for 306's...

So it will be sorted, But i just dont understand why they quote 30mm low when theyre obviously not

Ants

i have the same kit as alex in my 306...and have the same problem

ATTN Alex: can u let me know where ur getting ur springs reset? i want to do the same, needs to sit lower

Whos alex?

I'm getting custom made springs done, Hopefully they shouldn't take too long...
    Will have the same spring rate as the eibach also.

And kings are cheaper than eibach...

Guys, my Eichbach took about 1000K's to settle down. If anyone has seen my old S16 going round you will note how nicely the front sits. That's the Eibach pro's specific for S16's (well thats what i was told i bought). - Chris
    ... ptui!

Ants

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle
    Whos alex?

I'm getting custom made springs done, Hopefully they shouldn't take too long...
    Will have the same spring rate as the eibach also.

And kings are cheaper than eibach...

sorry Kyle, WRCPUG = Alex

i bet they wernt cheaper than my Eibachs ...but i had a once off

BiX

How old were the old springs? I now with some of my older cars, the old springs had sagged 20mm, so when you put a fresh pair in with "30mm lower" then came out with the same height. but after a few months they settled and were 10mm lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Ants
    i have the same kit as alex in my 306...and have the same problem

ATTN Alex: can u let me know where ur getting ur springs reset? i want to do the same, needs to sit lower
    im currently getting some springs reset by gt suspension in mt waverly rd flemington.
    ph- 9376 0777
    they quoted me 60 bucks but that was cause i has some other work done there .usually about 80-100 bucks for the pair to be reset.
    so please dont say 'bazz had a set done for 60 bucks' because as i mentioned it was that price cause ive spent a bit of dosh there.
    ask for graham,they have all the goodies.
    they also have adjustable strut tops for negative camber adjustment with grp n bushes in them.
    im looking at getting these soon.-BAZZ

They have just ticked over to 24 hours on the car

Baz, please advise on the costing of adjustable strut tops for 306's Im very keen to buy some!!

Well, i'm not paying a cent for the springs anthony... so can your $100 springs beat that?

Fellow Frogger!

As Chris mentioned Eibachs take some time to settle, had them on my S16 there is pics some where here on the forum.

WRC the pic with your eibachs doesnt look right, once the settle its almost like your second pic

Better not go to that address if you're looking for the right place, try Mount Alexander rd instead
    Just up the road from red rooster.

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    im currently getting some springs reset by gt suspension in mt waverly rd flemington.
    ph- 9376 0777

anthony i might get it done at Tru Trak in south melb. Ille let u know mate.

Mmm Baz how much does this camber thing cost?

WRC the pic with your eibachs doesnt look right, once the settle its almost like your second pic
    Yeh its a bad pic the car was on a sloping road and doesnt accurately portray the ride height.

Ive had the eibachs on for about 2000kns now and they have settled a lil but i still need a bit lower.
    PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

kyle,youve seen pics of my car and ive got eibachs at the front and one notch at the back. same as you. and the fronts have been in for a good 15000kms. i wana get lower springs at the front too, let me know where,how much if you get custom springs made up.please
    ive seen chris's car and it sits really well. chris do you remeber last year i turned up too Lee masons place in the moonstone 306. have you herd from him lately??
    i speed up for round abouts,corners and chikanes

Quote Originally Posted by flyNxsi
    ive seen chris's car and it sits really well. chris do you remeber last year i turned up too Lee masons place in the moonstone 306. have you herd from him lately??
    Oh thats you, cool. I haven't heard from Lee, but i was under the impresion that he was going back home to the UK? Perhaps we should pay him a visit? - Chris
    ... ptui!

Quote Originally Posted by bazgti
    ph- 9376 0777
    they quoted me 60 bucks but that was cause i has some other work done there .usually about 80-100 bucks for the pair to be reset.
    so please dont say 'bazz had a set done for 60 bucks' because as i mentioned it was that price cause ive spent a bit of dosh there.
    ask for graham,they have all the goodies.
    they also have adjustable strut tops for negative camber adjustment with grp n bushes in them.
    im looking at getting these soon.-BAZZ
    Hi Bazz, you have any further info on the negative camber kit?

Ants

Well, i'm not paying a cent for the springs anthony... so can your $100 springs beat that?
    damn u Kyle...hahahaha

its all good tho

Quote Originally Posted by WRCPUG
    anthony i might get it done at Tru Trak in south melb. Ille let u know mate.
    Thanks Alex, yeah thats where i had my Eibachs fitted, @ Tru Track. Ralph is a top bloke. Ive gotta go in 5000ks after the suspension had been done for a check up (thats about 2500-3000k's away i think), so mite get the springs reset whilst im there gettin the check up

My new springs will be done by kings, remodeled eibach's is what they will be.

Eibach has confirmed that the lowered coils they do are only 10mm for 306's and will not go any lower....

On a seperate issue, Has anyone else had issues with caster on the rear end after lowering?

chris16- i occasionaly hear of people seeing him round the area still so i think he said that too fall off the radar. even to his mates!! atleast i thought i was....
    i speed up for round abouts,corners and chikanes

Fellow Frogger!

My new springs will be done by kings, remodeled eibach's is what they will be.

Eibach has confirmed that the lowered coils they do are only 10mm for 306's and will not go any lower....

On a seperate issue, Has anyone else had issues with caster on the rear end after lowering?
    I have not heard of any caster problems, but what you should check after lowering is the front/rear braking power distribution. Typically, you have to reduve rear braking power after lowering to keep the tail from swinging out

That's very interesting... any theories about why?

I would expect it's possible because of more frequent bottoming, making the rear skittish as the spring rate bounds up to impossible levels, or maybe it's a product of the geometry getting out of kilter somehow with the lowering.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell

I would expect it's possible because of more frequent bottoming, making the rear skittish as the spring rate bounds up to impossible levels, or maybe it's a product of the geometry getting out of kilter somehow with the lowering.
    Ray, the Tortion bar set up in the 306 has a rear brake biast adjuster on the back, if the car i excesively lowered at the back it can cause the bias adjuster to think that the car has got massive weight on the rear and self adjust the brake bias. It a passive item that can be easily seen when you remove the spare. - Chris
    ... ptui!

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell

Both my 106 rally car and the 504 coupe (and I think my 505 STI although I haven't looked recently) have a proportioning valve that regulates front/rear braking pressure ratios. I am not certain I am describing this accurately, but I understand that as the nose goes down under braking, some sort of a pendulum in the valve senses that and adjusts braking pressure to the rear to keep the car going straight. When the rear is lowered the angle of the pendulum changes and so does the point at which the pressure to the back brakes is reduced causing the tale to swing out under hard braking. A good number of spin-outs here in Athens have been attributed to that when kids hot-up their 16V 106's and lower them 3 cm without adjusting the proportioning valve.

Ah yes, I should have realised that...

I was looking for a complicated answer and there was only a simple one!

The last of the 306s with EBD with the ABS didn't have a proportioning valve for front and rear bias. Computer adjusts all of that for you...
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information