throttle bodies
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: throttle bodies

Default throttle bodies

Do all quad throttle bodies have the same mounting points? I've seen some inexpensive quality ones for a sr20 engine (frabicated manifold) and was wondering if i could by a new manifold (for quad throttle bodies - mi16 engine) and just chuck them on. Otherwise does anyone know of any second hand qd throttle bodies 4 sale 4 a mi16 valve engine? They don't come up often on aussie frogs and when they do they're sold straight away.New jenvey bodies etc cost a fair wack and then there's the manifold.

Advertisement
    Present: 406 petrol 2.0 turbo 97(GB Import), 205 gti 1.9 89, Yamaha TZR250 3xv 93 (Jap Import)

Past: 205 gti 1.6 1988 (Singpr Import), Citroen 1.9 BX16valve, 405 1.9 mi16, 405 2.0 mi16,
    205 si 93, Mini GT, Datsun SSS x3, Dodge Ram, kingswood, Yamaha TZR250 2ma x2

Hey mate...You've left your Barina's lights on

1000+ Posts

No, they don't.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by fat bastard
    Do all quad throttle bodies have the same mounting points? I've seen some inexpensive quality ones for a sr20 engine (frabicated manifold) and was wondering if i could by a new manifold (for quad throttle bodies - mi16 engine) and just chuck them on. Otherwise does anyone know of any second hand qd throttle bodies 4 sale 4 a mi16 valve engine? They don't come up often on aussie frogs and when they do they're sold straight away.New jenvey bodies etc cost a fair wack and then there's the manifold.
    I investigated quad throttle bodies for my 505 a while back. EFI Hardware in Sydney sell 'universal' QTB's for about a grand, trumpets and all. They may be able to offer some advice as they also provide a fitting service for said products.
    One option I considered was a cut and shut manifold made from an old one with a new flange to meet the throttle bodies. Dunno if it would work though. I'm guessing I'm about to find out...

Nissan ones in particular look very close, but are different enough away to make the need for a custom manifold... PeterT has the info on this for sure. - Chris
    ... ptui!

Quad bodies will work with any engine,connecting them is the problem.Nissan quad throttle body would be the one fitted to sr20det's in the gti-r pulsar.Well engineered but rare(less than 20000 gti-r's produced?),180/200 sx owners snap them up since they bolt straight on and make big power gains to "regular" sr20's.

Fitting it is the prob,ask the custom guys for a quote to fit the nissan quad body to the mi16,compared to their unit and decide.It wont bolt on,it will need custom work to fit.There are bolt on quads for 205/206's that might fit (?),but exxxy..

mrd

Quite a few of the aftermarket throttle bodies will bolt straight onto a twin DCOE webber manifold.
    Matt
    505 Series II Turbo Petrol! (US Import)
    504 Rally Car ('79 & '95 Round Aust Car)
    '97 Subaru Liberty

Icon10

Pugspares.co.uk sell manifolds for bolt on carbies or throttle bodies. You can buy either the longman spec or the reg manifold. Don't know how much it would cost to ship over here though. I think they're around 170 pounds from memory.
    Dave
    78 Fiat X1/9, Peugeot 406 ST, Peugeot 407 V6 SW

Previous:

05 Megane Turbo
    2x 89 405 Mi16
    67 404

Peugeot, Francais pour "Putain qu'c'est vite"[/FONT]

As Chris said, I've got some Nissan R32 TB's, which are a genuine 45mm. Their pattern is slightly different to DCOE. I have been building a custom manifold for an Mi16, uitilising the original first 100mm. So it still takes the standard fuel rail. I might be interested in parting with the lot.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

What setup will you be using on your 2L racing engine?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    What setup will you be using on your 2L racing engine?

Dave
    The 48mm TB's Chris had for sale. I'm not sure if they'll be too big yet.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

What sort of revs are you planning to use the engine at, i'm sure i've seen many fomulas on the net to work this out from fairly reputable sources.

Had a great program at one stage that told you the best size dcoe/dhla's (including jetting to get you started) to use for certain engine size/specs. I'm sure there would be a similar type thing for throttles.

Dave

http://www.pugspares.co.uk/PartsSear...tion&Submit=Go

Third item from the bottom of the list. From memory some of these are an exchange service; doesn't list these parts as exchange though. Not cheap but they're the genuine article from a reputable supplier.
    Chris.

I found cheaper than pugspares in 2003 when i was looking (for an 8V engine this one):

>
    >Hi,
    >
    >I am after a Peugeot 205 GTI intake manifold to suit twin 45DCOE webers. I was
    >wondering if these were available and what the current price is. Also
    >how much it
    >would cost to ship to Brisbane Australia.
    >Thankyou for your time,
    >
    >Dave Wilson

Dear Dave,

We can supply a Manifold from stock, with Gasket, Studs & 'O' Rings - GBP
    119.50; we can send this by Swiftair (around 5 days) for GBP 19.50.

Best regards,

Peter.
    --
    Autofive

Any technical advice is offered for guidance only - no responsibility can be
    accepted for results arising from any advice given. We reserve the right to
    ignore/delete any message received which is regarded as frivolous and also to
    delete unread, any unknown e-mail attachment.

Dave

Fellow Frogger!

i thought 40mm were enough.

Peter, do you run 2 injectors per unit or only the one. If so what sort of engine management supports staged? injection at a particular rev range. Lets say i wanted to have the closer injectors working until 5000 at which the additional fuel is controlled by the upstream injector.

'04 Citroen Xsara VTS

Mallala - 1:29.96

Check this out - for carbs not throttles - copyright to Dave Andrews (not me)

Full website here

So if we liken a venturi (the narrowest section in a carb) size to throttle body size for a 2L engine that can rev to 8000rpm 45's are needed 40's are fine for 7000rpm.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by XsaraVTS

Peter, do you run 2 injectors per unit or only the one. If so what sort of engine management supports staged? injection at a particular rev range. Lets say i wanted to have the closer injectors working until 5000 at which the additional fuel is controlled by the upstream injector.
    I think Peter will just be using 4 injectors and this car has an Autronic ecu, could be wrong though.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by XsaraVTS

I'm just using one 300cc injector per cylinder. It's possible with any of the major ECU companies to run staged injectors.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Quote Originally Posted by PeterT
    The 48mm TB's Chris had for sale. I'm not sure if they'll be too big yet.
    glad to see they've gone to a good home, look after my babies for me

1000+ Posts

45's are the correct size for the mi16 according to the Jenvey site.
    Mine are 45's and work a treat with the Motec and sound Grrreat...quite a few
    ricers ask me is that a supercharger making that noise. LOL

jr
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

Quote Originally Posted by jr20516v
    45's are the correct size for the mi16 according to the Jenvey site.
    Mine are 45's and work a treat with the Motec and sound Grrreat...quite a few
    ricers ask me is that a supercharger making that noise. LOL

jr
    jr you live!.... how is the little monster. - Chris
    ... ptui!

1000+ Posts

LOL Chris !! Yes the little monster is going fine...i am just waiting for the compression to drop and the blue smoke to appear [it doesnt look like it ATM ]
    so i can have an excuse to wack the motor out for a re-build and then thro the forgies in.
    The Minister for War and Finance will only allow a rebuild if theres a sign of blue smoke...Mmm any tricks out there to have bellowing blue gunky smoke ????

JR
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

mlb

Quote Originally Posted by jr20516v
    The Minister for War and Finance will only allow a rebuild if theres a sign of blue smoke...Mmm any tricks out there to have bellowing blue gunky smoke ????
    A sh!tload of Redex Love that stuff
    Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mlb
    A sh!tload of Redex Love that stuff

oh no, i have created a monster
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

mlb

And if she comes out at the right time when you're putting the Redex through, she'll INSIST that you rebuild it. How can you lose?
    Fight for your opinions, but do not believe that they contain the whole truth, or the only truth.

mrd

I had 40mm quad throttlebodies on my corolla twincam 1600cc revved to the 9200rpm limiter no problems!

So if we liken a venturi (the narrowest section in a carb) size to throttle body size for a 2L engine that can rev to 8000rpm 45's are needed 40's are fine for 7000rpm.

Dave[/QUOTE]
    505 Series II Turbo Petrol! (US Import)
    504 Rally Car ('79 & '95 Round Aust Car)
    '97 Subaru Liberty

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information