Bleeding 405 SRDT Diesel injector pump??
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Bleeding 405 SRDT Diesel injector pump??

Hi All

Advertisement

I am trying to put an injector pump back into my 1996 405 SRDT and am having trouble with bleeding it properly. Also we have replaced the 4 injectors at the same time. Does anyone know how to do this? I would appreciate any help and guidance.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ksandra
    Hi All

I am trying to put an injector pump back into my 1996 405 SRDT and am having trouble with bleeding it properly. Also we have replaced the 4 injectors at the same time. Does anyone know how to do this? I would appreciate any help and guidance.

there should be a hand pump that looks like a balloon there somwhere and a bleed nipple on the top of the fuel filter/water trap

loosen the nipple and pump the balloon untill fuel comes out and no air then tighten it up

you may need to loosen each injector line as someone turns the car over and as each one has fuel leaking from it tighten it up

once that is done all should be ok

your pump may also have a bleed screw on the casing as well so same thing there when hand priming after you bleed the filter

i haven't bled a 405 for a long time so this is a general rule for most diesels
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Tadpole

thanks - we have got the car going but now it is blowing heaps of white smoke and running a bit rough???

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ksandra
    thanks - we have got the car going but now it is blowing heaps of white smoke and running a bit rough???

white smoke = too much air for the amount of fuel the engine has bieng used which can also mean not enough fuel ie running lean

make sure you have all necessary lines attached and they are all secure without any leaks allowing any axtra air into the system via vacuum
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Thread Information