ECU Fault Codes
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: ECU Fault Codes

Default ECU Fault Codes

I found this very usefull page with many of the PSA fault codes. I've also attached the procedure for extracting the codes without the TAD tester, on a Motronic 1.3 ECU. I'd assume later ECU's are similar, you'll just need to find out which wire(s) to earth.

http://peugeotlogic.com/workshop/wsh...e/testcone.htm

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ECU Fault Codes-ecu_codes1.jpg   ECU Fault Codes-ecu_codes2.jpg   ECU Fault Codes-ecu_codes3.jpg  

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thanks Peter, I had previously found this other page on the same site, but it doesn't have as much info on fault codes for different cars.... does have good info on how to extract the fault codes though (basically the same as in your attachments, but maybe a bit clearer)

http://www.peugeotlogic.com/workshop...ct/extract.htm

Sadly the site is apparently closing down.... might need to print off any info quickly folks.

Tony.

edit: I hadn't tried it because I thought there was no point without the S16 fault codes... now I think I'll have to give it a go
    Last edited by Wintermute; 23rd June 2005 at 11:57 PM.
    306 S16 1995 black
    Morris 1100 1965 green

Did a search and found this useful thread from way back.

The Engine K lighT on my 16V
    occasionally comes on when driving. I haven't noticed any loss of performance or fuel economy. The previous owner told me he replaced the O2 sensor and it may no difference.

Anyway here are the codes: 44 Knock Detector.
    41 Engine speed sensor
    51 Auto mixture adjustment

My plan is to clear all the codes and see what codes comes back. Also where is the calculator? Is this part of the Bosch Motronic module? I've got a spare module that I've tried before but the K light still appeared with it installed. Not sure about the engine speed sensor fault as wouldn't this play havoc with the smooth running of the engine? Also where is the knock detector as I don't think the European models had one so the Haynes manual is useless in this regard.

Any ideas appreciated as it would be nice to get on top of these. Other than that the engine seems to run fine.

Quote Originally Posted by b707 View Post
    Also where is the calculator? Is this part of the Bosch Motronic module?
    I'm pretty sure "injection calculator" is a fancy french (or Bosch) technical term for an engine ECU.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Thread resurrection:

Just wondering how people have checked their fault codes with an Led test light.
    So far what Ive managed is just illuminate the light. HA!
    this is for a 405 mi16 xu9j4 motronic ECU.

Only doing this because my autoelec thinks the engine seemed a bit flat, being a twin cam.
    Engine has a stage 1 Peter T cam and remapped chip. Car goes like shit off a shovel up high (above 4k) but is a bit slow to wake up down low. If the test returns no faults ill recheck valve timing and dial in the cam (which I ought to have done in the first place). I though knock sensor may return a fault.

These were the steps form "Autodata" online:

• Switch ignition on
    • connect LED test lamp to data link connector terminal 2 and battery positive
    • bridge data link connector terminal 2 and earth with a switch lead - contacts are normally open
    • operate switch for 2.5-5 seconds
    • LED or MIL will now flash trouble code 12 (Code 12 - Start of sequence)
    • repeat switch operation until 11 is displayed
    • operate switch for 10-20 seconds
    • switch ignition off
    • suitable diagnotic equipment can also be used to erase dat from the ECM fault memory

Unless you have a reasonable understanding of electronics, you should use a 12V globe rather than an LED. An LED has polarity and needs to have voltage drop resistor in series. In the schematic, you can see that the diagnostic light L33, goes between pin 15 of the ECU and +12V. This is the same as wire #17 of the M720 plug, not "terminal 2".

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thread Information