Fuel Star system for 505 diesel
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Tadpole

Default Fuel Star system for 505 diesel

I am thinking of putting a fuel star system on my pug diesel..
    This mixes nano particles of tin into.the fuel sytem with increses in power economy and cleaning the top end.reduces smoky exhausts.
    (this is the experience I had in a petrol engine)
    Does anyone have experience of this in a diesel?
    Look forward to hearing from somebody on this matter
    Cheers
    David Browning.

Advertisement

Sounds like snake oil really. If you want to clean out the fuel system, and dramatically reduce your running costs why dont you fill er up with Biodiesel. It will clean the entire fuel system out, accumulated varnish, bugs, etc and dump them in your filter. But the best part is getting some old waste cooking oil and turning it into beautiful honey coloured fuel to run your car on, reducing smoke, carcinognes and sulphur at the same time. The environmental buzz is great as is the look on the drivers face behind you at the lights when he gets a wiff of the fish and chip smell of the exhaust.
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by David Browning
    I am thinking of putting a fuel star system on my pug diesel..
    This mixes nano particles of tin into.the fuel sytem with increses in power economy and cleaning the top end.reduces smoky exhausts.
    (this is the experience I had in a petrol engine)
    Does anyone have experience of this in a diesel?
    Look forward to hearing from somebody on this matter
    Cheers
    David Browning.
    hi david,ive been selling fuel star in my pug workshop for about 10 years to all manner of cars.they do work,check out there website,i think its fuelstar.com they have been independantly tested and verified by people all over the world.ignorance of a product should not be enough cause to slander a products worth.

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charles
    hi david,ive been selling fuel star in my pug workshop for about 10 years to all manner of cars.they do work,check out there website,i think its fuelstar.com they have been independantly tested and verified by people all over the world.ignorance of a product should not be enough cause to slander a products worth.

scientifically proven with non biased reports ?

no offense but why don't the manufacturers use this technology
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

Because big oil's in bed with big car.

What happened to Saritch until the majors got a hold of it?

Nothing, until they owned it, dictated it use and took the profits.

ed ge

This is not snake oil! I have been using a Fuelstar on my CX 25 for years.
    A friend of mine decided to make a few using the information on a website which I forget the name of. On my DS21 I have one of his units fitted.
    Inside there are pellets of tin/lead solder drilled and threaded onto soft steel wire, the fuel passing the tin/lead and the mild steel changes the molecular structure of the fuel and increases the octane rating. My DS used to ping going up hills on ULP, it has not pinged since I fitted this device.
    This system was invented in Russia during the war, when fuel was of poor quality.
    I will have to dredge through my memory for the name of this fellow, it eludes me at the present time.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arunine
    This is not snake oil! I have been using a Fuelstar on my CX 25 for years.
    A friend of mine decided to make a few using the information on a website which I forget the name of. On my DS21 I have one of his units fitted.
    Inside there are pellets of tin/lead solder drilled and threaded onto soft steel wire, the fuel passing the tin/lead and the mild steel changes the molecular structure of the fuel and increases the octane rating. My DS used to ping going up hills on ULP, it has not pinged since I fitted this device.
    This system was invented in Russia during the war, when fuel was of poor quality.
    I will have to dredge through my memory for the name of this fellow, it eludes me at the present time.
    Can you please post the links where the scientific testing and proving was done .... Seriously those things are snake oil. If this testing exists, why isn't it referenced and detailed in every booklet and claim the sellers of these provide.

Your CX and DS will run just fine without them. The valve seats are already very hard ... You see Citroen fitted very good quality valve seats when the cars were new. They have been running standard ULP in D's and CX's in the USA for literally decades with no sign of valve recession or damage.

The CX and DS motor are an incredibly tough unit. If a bit of unleaded killed one I'd be extremelly surprised.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!

the great fuel star debate,the web site is fuelstar.com i think.also ring freecall 1800 624 007 ask for tony woods,these have been tested all over the world,i have brochures here with heaps of info from independant sources.i can post some out to the doubters.we have dyno reports etc that actually prove the results.i run my own cars on them and have got better mpg and less ping.some valve seats are hard but not hard enough to last under severe or constant heat loading with ulp.im only giving advice to a question and it doesnt matter to me if i dont sell any,my workshop is always busy anyway.check out the figures.they are actually in talks to get them fitted by some american builders standard but its always the money cost on a new car price.

It seems to me that any time anyone wants to say anything positive about tin canisters like the Fuelstar unit, there is a small group around here who are determined to tell them they're wrong and demand proof.

This doesn't happen when advice is (wrongly) given out about such things as doubling up on sway bars and many other items about which one of our moderators is highly opinionated.

I have no experience whatever with diesel engines using Fuelstar canisters, but I've had plenty of experience with one on a petrol engine. I also write for motoring magazines, my real name is here in on this forum (as it has been when I've previously been condemned for stating these things work) and I'll make you doubters an offer too good to be true.

State that I am wrong in this thread, that I have posted something here intending to deceive or that I don't know what I am talking about on this subject and I will deliver personally to each of you the paperwork commencing libel action.

The slandering of my good name on this forum has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    It seems to me that any time anyone wants to say anything positive about tin canisters like the Fuelstar unit, there is a small group around here who are determined to tell them they're wrong and demand proof.

This doesn't happen when advice is (wrongly) given out about such things as doubling up on sway bars and many other items about which one of our moderators is highly opinionated.

I have no experience whatever with diesel engines using Fuelstar canisters, but I've had plenty of experience with one on a petrol engine. I also write for motoring magazines, my real name is here in on this forum (as it has been when I've previously been condemned for stating these things work) and I'll make you doubters an offer too good to be true.

State that I am wrong in this thread, that I have posted something here intending to deceive or that I don't know what I am talking about on this subject and I will deliver personally to each of you the paperwork commencing libel action.

The slandering of my good name on this forum has ended.
    Proof is all that's ever been asked for... Scientific proof ... that's it ... nothing more ...... These devices have been around for 50+years. A bit of verified evidence surely can't be hard to find ...

Just how is that calling you (or anyone) a liar ??

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

No, it's not... but be careful.

What I have previously presented is ample evidence for anyone who wants to know about the capacity of tin canisters to prevent VSR. If you want me to post it again, I will.

But don't you dare suggest that anything I post is wrong or misleading.

No, it's not... but be careful.

What I have previously presented is ample evidence for anyone who wants to know about the capacity of tin canisters to prevent VSR. If you want me to post it again, I will.

But don't you dare suggest that anything I post is wrong or misleading.

see here this message is in this thread here

I've never stated anything you have ever said is wrong or misleading. What you have found indicates the device appears to have worked for you.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    Last edited by DoubleChevron; 13th July 2005 at 06:08 PM.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Perhaps another way to go about this would be to hear from people who have used it and got no benifit.

For you guys who have not used it to give it the snake oil call is even less meaningful than dumping on the testamonials that go with this product.

Opinion is free but your just blowing smoke if you've had no direct experience.

So for all you "sounds like", "I reckon", "could be/ortabees" give it a try or find some-one who has, their experience may be/ortabee worth more than your opinion.

ed ge

Thanks, Edgey...

However, Shane has suggested that my findings might not have any bearing on anyone else's needs.

If he'd been more open and posted a link to the thread rather than his post then we'd see how reasonable my posts really were.

Quote Originally Posted by edgedweller
    Perhaps another way to go about this would be to hear from people who have used it and got no benifit.

For you guys who have not used it to give it the snake oil call is even less meaningful than dumping on the testamonials that go with this product.

Opinion is free but your just blowing smoke if you've had no direct experience.

So for all you "sounds like", "I reckon", "could be/ortabees" give it a try or find some-one who has, their experience may be/ortabee worth more than your opinion.

ed ge
    Edgey, mate I suggest you jump on the DSeries-L list on the yahoogroups server. There was some guy there causing a massive uproar about two years ago telling everyone they should have one of these fitted. Just to shut him up a couple did order them in ..... Finding ..... "no difference".

He claimed it fixed the car pinging and stopped valve seat recession.... Adding you should give the car a good tune up when fitting to get the most out of it I'd say the "tune up" without the fitting of the device acheives just as much. As for valve seat recession, that's never going to be an issue on a DS from what I can tell.

All I've asked for is evidence, just like I did with the guy on the DSeries-L list. That's it ..... Nothing more .... Just evidence they work....

Why is this so hard with a device that's been around for nearly as long as the motor car ??

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Originally posted by DoubleChevron
    Edgey, mate I suggest you jump on the DSeries-L list on the yahoogroups server. There was some guy there causing a massive uproar about two years ago telling everyone they should have one of these fitted. Just to shut him up a couple did order them in ..... Finding ..... "no difference".

He claimed it fixed the car pinging and stopped valve seat recession.... Adding you should give the car a good tune up when fitting to get the most out of it I'd say the "tune up" without the fitting of the device acheives just as much. As for valve seat recession, that's never going to be an issue on a DS from what I can tell.

All I've asked for is evidence, just like I did with the guy on the DSeries-L list. That's it ..... Nothing more .... Just evidence they work....

Why is this so hard with a device that's been around for nearly as long as the motor car ??
    Shane, what really matters is whether or not it works...

I've proved that it prevents valve seat recession in a 504... no questions asked, no other changes to the engine, total control of all aspects of the thing were with me, everything was documented inasmuch as it was needed to be.

On the matter of whether or not it made a difference to the DSs to which you refer, as I've already mentioned, there is a lead residual on the valve seats that may well protect them for years. But cut the seats and see how you get on.

That means it works. I have never made any claim about it as an octane improver, others have.

2cv

Were there any scientific tests done to prove that the wheel could roll endlessly before prehistoric man confirmed its success practically?

I havent seen any scientific tests on this fuelstar but hey, im an optimist and a realist and if there's people here saying this thing works, its worth a look at i think. Why is everyone so sceptical? Do you really need to see a pamphlet from the Universtiy Queensland with Chemical Engineering jargon and formula's which you dont understand...just to have the same result printed by a Scientist "...which has been proven in lab conditions to raise the octane rating of the fuel by x amount "

And what does "it appears to have worked for you" mean? Was it tried on a UFO or something?

The people claiming this product works in the above posts are probably not Genetic engineers. But they took a stab, forked out some cash and claim that it works. Even if they provided before/after data of fuel mileage etc, then its up to you to believe them isnt it?

After all, is there Scientific proof to the contrary?
    Last edited by 2cv; 13th July 2005 at 06:43 PM.

Shane, what really matters is whether or not it works...

I've proved that it prevents valve seat recession in a 504... no questions asked, no other changes to the engine, total control of all aspects of the thing were with me, everything was documented inasmuch as it was needed to be.

On the matter of whether or not it made a difference to the DSs to which you refer, as I've already mentioned, there is a lead residual on the valve seats that may well protect them for years. But cut the seats and see how you get on.

That means it works. I have never made any claim about it as an octane improver, others have.

yes it did work on your car but has that car ever been in correct tune ?

i ask this as i have offered many a time to tune your car to get it right and i would have dearly have loved to do it with the old head and then if VSR occured then run the canister to see how it went
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

Originally posted by pugrambo
    yes it did work on your car but has that car ever been in correct tune ?
    No material I have ever seen on these units has ever said anything about the tune of the car...

In other words, it's not relevant. As long as some of the action of the tin is happening to the fuel that's ingested, it provides protection from valve seat recession.

.....i ask this as i have offered many a time to tune your car to get it right and i would have dearly have loved to do it with the old head and then if VSR occured then run the canister to see how it went
    You had two goes at it, each some time apart. Like everyone who has ever touched the thing, it made no lasting impression. And while I have changed the head on that car, I still have the automatic running with the old valve seats.

They haven't been cut, however, in years (I actually suspect that 'never' would be the right term there...) and they have the protection of the residue of lead from the many thousands of litres of leaded petrol that went through before the stuff went out of use.

How long that will last, I don't know. When it stops lasting I will fit the canister to protect it, I know that works.

can i just add that the 2 goes i had at it were very short bursts and that i had mentioned that i need to spend time on the car and also that there were/are parts on the car that need to be rectified for the system to be in correct working order

i have tuned many TI engines over the years and have never had one beat me yet

if a car is running lean then wouldn't that eat seat's and valves ?

i'll also add that i ran a 6cyl commodore on unleaded after it had been run for years on super fuel and within a few months it started to attack valve seats so i do have a fair idea on how long the lead residue lasts

my short term remedy was to squirt some redex into the tank when fueling up and then sold the car a fwe months down the track as it had served it's purpose

i'll also add that the new owner also kept redex and flashlube up to it and as far as i know it is still going without anything further bieng done to it

as i said i have never doubted that the canister worked on your car but state of tune i would think has to play a role as well to some extent so my statement as to the old head and a proper tune would have been interesting to see how it all went

even now if it was tuned properly you will notice a big difference in that car
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

You had all the time you needed... I didn't leave until you said you were done either time. So leave it alone.

And yes, it's possible that an engine that's running super lean could burn valves, less likely that it will have VSR. What we are talking about here is VSR. As far as rich or lean goes, as you well know, my car is probably running rich.

I cannot add anything conclusive about lead residual. I have no idea how much it takes, how long it lasts or anything else. I do know, however, that some cars go an awful lot of miles without problems. I have one here.

Oh, and by the way, it runs fine... its state of tune is good.

I hate to wade into debates ....

I used to put them on cars in a pug garage in brisbane, work fine and never had any complaints. I'm not sure if you guys have used them, Myself I have never had a car that requires one. But hey each to their own. If you don't believe in something then prove it don't work.

My

Cheers Nick
    Auckland NZ -
    2000 Peugeot 406 Coupe, Dark Green.
    2001 Renault Clio Sport RS, Silver.

Brisbane Aus -
    1989 Peugeot 205 GTi, Light Blue.

This is something from overseas for oil burners that sounds like it might be the goods.
    Only problem is there's an ongoing cost and this could tend towards defeating the idea of having a diesel if you own one for cheaper running costs.

http://www.highspeed.co.uk/fuel-treatments/index.html

This lot are into all kinds of strange things including compost makers, which could mean they're trying to tell us something.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan S
    This is something from overseas for oil burners that sounds like it might be the goods.
    Only problem is there's an ongoing cost and this could tend towards defeating the idea of having a diesel if you own one for cheaper running costs.

http://www.highspeed.co.uk/fuel-treatments/index.html

This lot are into all kinds of strange things including compost makers, which could mean they're trying to tell us something.

Alan S
    Nice Alan. Countdown over here is a discount supermarket! Maybe that has more to do with it
    Auckland NZ -
    2000 Peugeot 406 Coupe, Dark Green.
    2001 Renault Clio Sport RS, Silver.

Brisbane Aus -
    1989 Peugeot 205 GTi, Light Blue.

I was thinking about a TV show with a host who mumbled and fumbled a lot, wore a ten gallon hat, was always hinted at as having dubious sexual preferences and answered to a girls name.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information