mi16 engine mount - advice??!
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default mi16 engine mount - advice??!

Hi guys,

a new thread following the one i posted recently wondering if my engine mount was buggered. I ordered a new one, and it came today, but I don't know if its complete. That 'squareish' plug of rubber, what is it meant to do exactly? It was completely loose on mine. I took some pics today. Check them out.

Advertisement

Pic 1 and 2, shows the engine mount and the square thing
    Pic 3 shows the new engine mount I have got for it.

They didn't send me a new square bit though. Should they have??? That is my question.

cheers,
    Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mi16 engine mount -  advice??!-imgp0561.jpg   mi16 engine mount -  advice??!-imgp0563.jpg   mi16 engine mount -  advice??!-imgp0564.jpg  
    1984 505 STI

The square bit in the top is there to stop any upwards movement, if the mount below breaks. Was the there a plate accross the top? Otherwise, the mount might punch the bonnet. I wouldn't worry about replacing it.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Fellow Frogger!

Default mounts

Yes, there was a plate above it which I took off to take the photos. Because I had never taken it off before, I thought that that rubber thing was attached to the mount below and that it stuck up through the hole. Obviously now I know it doesnt. So it seems my engine mount may actually be fine. Oh well I guess it won't hurt to have the parts and maybe I should change them anyway... ?
    1984 505 STI

They break reasonably often. Jack the engine up on that side. Take the large aluminum bracket off, and have a look. You might need a cold chisel and a hammer to unscrew it. If it's perished, replace it.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

Thread Information