306 ecu chip mods help
  • Register
  • Help

Default 306 ecu chip mods help

ive got a 306 xsi 2l. ive fitted gti6 intake and exhaust manifolds, exhaust cam and a remus muffler. the car makes good power just the limiter holds me back cos it continues to make power till then and can tell it can go futher. my main question to you'se is there a way or som1 that can get rid or move the limiter? also has any1 fitted a reprogramable chip to the same car? ive spoken to a UNICHIP dealer and they said they can fit the chip,fully tuned on the dyno in a day drive in drive out package for $1300. i was ready to hand the keys till they said they couldnt do nothing with the limiter. keys stayd in hand. but said he has herd of som1 that had did it but had no info on who,when, where. prick tease! changing the ecu all together isnt a option. have seen a autronic fitted and it was issues non stop. any info would be great.

Advertisement
    i speed up for round abouts,corners and chikanes

I thought the Haltech E6X for $1350 was far better value. Ring and talk to them. They're looking for people to test their new piggy back models. You get full control of the engine, but retain all the ancilliaries.
    Last edited by PeterT; 31st May 2005 at 09:21 PM.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

thanks for the info. ive just sent Haltech a e-mail with my dilema. fingers crossed. i did see a thread about them wanting 206 owners or somthn a couple weeks ago but didnt pay much attention. have you fitted it too any of your cars? if so where/who did it?

Yes, I've fitted a few. My 205 Mi16 has an Autronic SMC.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

FlyNXSI- your car sounds very interesting. Was the fitting of the inlet and exhaust manifolds hard? Do you know what kind of power it might be making?

Is that your car in your avatar? If so it looks HOT with the Gti180 rims
    PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

ye thats my blue chariot. thanks. did the whole car by myself.the intake & exhaust fit obviously onto the head. the intake took a couple of hoses for the oil breather too work,everything else fit. injectors,map sensor, accel. cable etc al fitted. the exhaust took choping about 15cms off the down pipe too the cat and repositioning of heater hoses. had exhaust ceramic coated before fitting so wouldnt melt anythn and keep engine bay temps down. must have workd cos the paint on the firewall hasnt melted. i had the car dynod when stock,it made 110 hp at the wheels. ruf calculation it was just over 100kw at the motor. hasnt been dynod since the work but a guess would be 115-120. a frend had a 20 valve corolla ae92, coulnt beat it before but i make groud every gear now. he was at back door at end of 3rd. 20 valve 117 kw with 8000 redline and 200 kg lighter, 306 with 6500 redline. same run there hapen to be a vti integra. he was closer but i was still ahead see what hapens when it gets tuned instead of standard ecu!

Good stuff dude good luck with the ECU.
    I remeber reading on the UK Gti6.net forums that some of them have increased their limiter to 7800rpm+. I dont know who can do that over here but remapping theECU would be good.

I know alot of the SR20 owners down here get newROM chips or reflashed chips put in their standard ECU's..im not sure if that can be done to the peugeot one?

Got any full pics of your car? Id love to see more of it
    PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

ye i know bout the sr20s. i almost sold the pug and bought a s15 but too bloody common. its easy when the japos are so inlove with cars so stuff is cheap and plentyful! hardly any people do pug work in oz which sux so info and parts and hard to come by. even within the business. mite have a leed on the limiter but,see what hapens. a few people have asked for fotos of my car from the avatar thingo. i took some on the weekend with my brothers digital and when i went too put them on the forum it said they were too big. frigin hell. i dont have the smartness yet with computer stuff too make it work. ive tried cutting physical sizes down but still no go. il get my IT frend too do it. bare with me....

Quote Originally Posted by flyNxsi
    ye i know bout the sr20s. i almost sold the pug and bought a s15 but too bloody common. its easy when the japos are so inlove with cars so stuff is cheap and plentyful! hardly any people do pug work in oz which sux so info and parts and hard to come by. even within the business. mite have a leed on the limiter but,see what hapens. a few people have asked for fotos of my car from the avatar thingo. i took some on the weekend with my brothers digital and when i went too put them on the forum it said they were too big. frigin hell. i dont have the smartness yet with computer stuff too make it work. ive tried cutting physical sizes down but still no go. il get my IT frend too do it. bare with me....
    mate, email them to [email protected] and i'll host them for you

Default editing pix

Quote Originally Posted by flyNxsi
    I had the same problems with pix sizes, Ray told me to get irfanview , free download find by using google.

Dead easy to resize pics. Very sound advice.

Thread Information