Yokohama oo8?????
  • Register
  • Help

Default Yokohama oo8?????

After about 6 month of the most fun driving I've ever had, My front tyres are wearing a little thin,and I was trying to find some info on them before I get another set. The thing is though, I cant seem to find anything on the net regarding them, so I thought I'd ask if any one here knows anything about them. They look like a yokohama 008, but have none of the sidewall markings that are on the 008's, and have ADVAN HF type D EM . writen on the sidewall.In little writing near the rim is 008e. I'm thinking maybe the discount tyre place may have bought old japanese stock,as the only info that comes up on the net is in japanese.Any info regarding these tyres would be greatly apreciated.
    Jo

Advertisement

I just picked up a set of these....

Falken azenis rt215's... best tire i have bought so far. grips very well. Love them

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle
    I just picked up a set of these....

Falken azenis rt215's... best tire i have bought so far. grips very well. Love them
    What size? How's the wet performance?
    205gti

Interested too in the wet performance. how about braking or hard cornering through puddles.
    I've got to say that the 008's are by far the best tyre I've owned for dry to damp roads. once there are pools of water though, down to limping speeds.
    When a screw in the tyre made me change my wheels around, I put dunlop fm901 on, and around farmiliar corners like northbridge bends,or bilgolla bends,I was taking the corners at 60, and sliding, whereas the 008's would just hang on up to about 85-90Kmh at which point if you lost it it was alot more sudden and scary.Another good thing about the 008's is that being so soft,they would never let out even a peep,thus narrowing the chances of getting a neg driving ticket.At $175 a pop, I can just afford to be replacing the tyres every 6 month or so. How much are the falkens?????
    jo

They preform suprisingly well in the wet, As good as the 901's did which i had prior to these. But they will wear a little quicker to the 901's...

These are worth around 190-200 depending on where you go and who you know...

The Azenis are a good steet tyre, they're not full r compounds, like the A008Rs. Wet weather performance is quite good, the overall ride would be of similar harshness to the Yokos. The A008 would be replaced by the A032R now, which is much more track oriented... therefore louder and stickier. Same as the r compounds from Dunlop.

I'd say the best r compound for the road would be continentals, which we saw on a gti6 at wakefield last time i was there. They look to have the best compromise between noise and grip/wear.

Gordon Leven out Penrith way in Sydney is your one stop shop for such tyres.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Ahh penrith....

GTI124....when are we all going to have a sydney drive day/evening?

Yokohama 008 used to be the tyre to have for performance in the 90's. As Lincoln pointed out they have been superseeded by Ao32R which are track tyres that are road legal. Yokohama Ao48 is a road tyre that performas ery well on the track. I tend to think that the 008 is more A048 related performance wise than the Ao32R.

If you can have them cheap I dont think you will be dissapointed in 008. If you want track tyres you can probably do better with A032R or Toyo Ra1
    1300cc's of jap buzzbox delivered the times below.

EC 1:54.6 , Wakefield 1:13.15 , OP (short) 52.00 , OP GP 1:24.40

Thread Information